Silverstar MTB 2010

Siasvd

Those rocks that thrown the cyclists back on the road must have been pretty strong. I tried to throw a cyclist once and I was barely able to pick him up. I can imagine that the rocks were quite angry at the cyclists for hitting them though...

Where?

I just did the 40Km, and the only tar was up Hillsnacks and a little bit through Chancliffe?

I thought it was an absolutely awesome ride - proteas, gorges, cliffs, some technical bits, some fast, some climbing. A nice bit of something for everyone!

Where?

I just did the 40Km, and the only tar was up Hillsnacks and a little bit through Chancliffe?

I thought it was an absolutely awesome ride - proteas, gorges, cliffs, some technical bits, some fast, some climbing. A nice bit of something for everyone!

Have to agree the 40km was absolutely awesome, something for everyone! Will definitely do it again next year.

My First MTB race.. And the 40km was awesome.. Im a roadie, so i didn't mind the cars.. It was very tough in some parts but al in all a nice ride out..

Cycling along that 'cliff edge' was something quite extraordinary. On a hardtail, there was lots of bouncing around, you had to keep ducking for trees, and still somehow trying to take in that view! Fantastic!

Very nice route much better than last year some good technical bits with loose rock etc I enjoyed it.

Only gripe I had was my own fault for being at back at start took me 1 minute to cross the start line :(

Great Race - A bit of everything !

My expensive Seat broke (Rail snapped right off) after a fall at the water crossing in kingskloof (17km into the race) I had to stand from there all the way , Managed a "respectfull" 2H30s41 . . . :-)

Now to get my seat sorted with leading brand , m mmm. . . :angry:

I think the issue with the climb up Hillsnax was the guys crossing over the white line into the far right lane. As a roadie, I couldn't believe how the riders were willing to risk it up there.

Another thing...

RESPECT to MTB riders. Strong is not the word. I am pretty fast up hills on a road bike but those rocks and stones are terrible. Amazing how someone can ride that route twice as fast as I did.

On another note, any idea where the pictures from the event are?

J

It was a great ride. After my 34km on my clock I was actually sorry it was over. Could have done the part in King's Kloof again. I'm very chuffed with my first top 50 overall. And afterward there was still enough left in the day to do the usual stuff.

It was a great ride. After my 34km on my clock I was actually sorry it was over. Could have done the part in King's Kloof again. I'm very chuffed with my first top 50 overall. And afterward there was still enough left in the day to do the usual stuff.

Mampara, since you live out that way, do you know the route (without the benefit of marshalls and bunting), and is it open property? It would be great to ride that route over weekends!

Mampara, since you live out that way, do you know the route (without the benefit of marshalls and bunting), and is it open property? It would be great to ride that route over weekends!

I don't actually stay anywhere near there. The area is just where I do my road training. I think the top of Hillsnax and the bottom between the nurseries is private land. King's Kloof is open on Sundays and you enter it on the Sterkfontein road, not too far from the "malhuis".

the 40km was brilliant! my trip comp said 36km but anyway. any ideas which company took the photos? i want them!

Good fun and nice to be back on the race scene...well done Wynand on a great race...should have called the 40 a 35 though.