You don't own the road

Lipton

The thing is the motorist was correct and the cyclists was at fault. Why should the motorist slow down to 30km/h in a 80 zone to pass cyclists thats cycling abreast chatting to each other and then the motorists should pass them on a solid line to continue his journey and then during that act the motorist breaks the law for passing on a solid line.

Please think logic

So do you apply the same logic when you see a bus/taxi stop in the road to offload?

Do you also go to the motoring sites and post there telling them their bad image when they race around build up areas with their swooped up Runx 1.6 wif a wing on da back?

Remember you are also a motorist, just like you said you are a cyclist.

I am tired or people wanting to "change" the world, but you see the world as ONLY cyclists.

I bet you that you have not reported a taxi, bus or a company truck as it is not as easy as moaning here. It entails emails, long phone calls etc.

Come on, if you want to make a difference also do it when you see moms not strapping in their kids, people chucking sigs out of the window(Cape Town) and busses behaving badly.....oh and remember those neighbourhood racers in their Toyota Rsi's wif da dropped suspension.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joey - we dont deserve it, some idiots might, but I canassure you plenty more are not guilty of this behaviour. I certainly would like to believe that I aint...

I suppose teh mtb riders who claim the roadies are this and that havent yet come across mtb'ers riding on the wrong side of the road on a busy duel carriage on their way to Rietvlei???? But that would obviously be justified by some stupid argument. BTW I ride both road and mtb

BTW Trubie my post by no means only implicate roadies with this type of behaviour, Im sure the same happens for both disciplines. My post only relates to my experiance in the area that I live.

Same applies for roadies, MTB, commuters and 3 year olds with training wheels.

Dude. Stop bitching about cyclist on a cycling forum. You get nowhere!

Secondly.....if stupidity or inconsideration makes you a candidate to get mowed down in an accident, 90% of all MOTORISTS will be dead and my heart will pump chocolates!!!! B)

Just this morning on my commute I saw 56 cars speeding, 3 buses skipping red lights, 24 people talking of phones, 12 unroadworthy taxis and countless other law breaking motorists.

Irresponsible cyclists.....they ride a 10kg bike, only endangering themselves......an irresponsible motorist drives a 2 ton piece of steel endangering himself and at least 5 other people around him....

So take them bitchin' and go post on a motoring site!!!!!!!! :angry:

I think pigspotter mentioned you behind a bush this morning...

No where was that said.

The point is......please read slow.....I'll type it slow....

EVERYONE BREAKS THE LAW.......Moaning on the hub about cyclist does not help......moaning in general does not help........Keep your side clean and go ride your bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slow enough???? :blink:

Even if the shoulder is big enough....STILL ILLEGAL! Bit of cyclist stupidity here???? ;) :P

Dude...you have NO IDEA!!!!!!

I have seen so many of HOND VREET HOND on this site and every other institution in this country it makes me sick to no end.....why do you think SA has 5 gazillion churches????? No one can stand together.....

Dude.....please....pull your head out of the sand.......

There are about 47mil people in SA.

About 160 000 registered cyclist on SuperSeeding list

About.......100 000 not registered fun riders out there?

There are about 5000 registered Hubbers?

To put it in perspective for you......The Hub represents 0.01 of a % of the community in SA and then one step further.....Thy Hub gets read and browsed by 2% of the cycling community.

So no matter HOW MUCH YOU MOAN ON THE HUB, only 2% of cyclists in SA will read it......SHOCKING HEY?

AND

Here is the deal breaker.........that 2%.....ALL LAW ABIDING, SINGLE LINE, "The world's best" cyclists........

Slow typing here....IT DOES NOT HELP TO MOAN ON THE HUB ABOUT CYCLISTS.......

Maybe slower? B) :P

Lets get things straight.....raodies in general are d@se....we are not arguing that.....

That established....what is your point?

People in GENERAL......roadies, MTB....BMW drivers, biltong vreters....GENERAL....

All of them break the law.

I see it every 5 or so minutes on my ride.....

Moaning......*slllloooowwww type*.....DOES NOT HELP.....

There we go.....us 2 percent will keep our side clean.....that has been established....

How to educate the other 46 odd MILLION?.......no idea!!!!!!!!! You any bright spark ideas on a Friday? ;)

OK....enought smack talking......Cheers!

Holy crap spinnekop hoe lank het dit jou gevat met die reply :) I am by no means trying to change the world. I am making a general statement not ment at anyone on this site, its was aimed at a cycling community at large regardless if they will ever see or hear or care about anyone else's opinion.

South African's by nature is an aggressive self centered nation, and it shows, in all our forms of life work, sports, driving, cycling. Nobody is going to be able to change a culture.

My point, to my friends on the hub keep legal keep safe. To everyone else if you ride in the middle of the road becuase your so cool you P1SS slush puppy and Sh!t ice cubes. When your 10kg bike gets mangled with you on it by a 3 ton SUV and your kids grow up without a Dad and a provider. Aces to you trying to act like a cool hip professional cyclist was soooo worth it.

I think pigspotter mentioned you behind a bush this morning...

Are we getting personal again? Good argument gone South.....AGAIN??? Surely not on the Hub?

Why not contribute?

While we are on that topic.........Pigspotter mentioned me?......nice....did the mention your mother being there too?

OK.

Door. Keep the hat.

When I cycle I hate bad drivers. When I drive I hate bad cyclists...tis a rather simple affair...

Very true

This is the hub, one guy gives comment on a cyclist who messes up in traffic, and then the whole hub fights about it. I'm gonna stay of the hub next week. :D

In all honesty we need to ride with more common sense and self preservation.

Follow the rules of the road, simple. Far too many of us are jumping robots etc. (a child watching from a car will see some1 do that and think they can do the same on their bike, and thoughtlessly go jetting through a red robot). Ride two abreast fine, u will be seen easier but then learn to ride shoulder to shoulder (a skill all cyclists should have but way 2few actually know about)

Having said that I must say, the bad apples are far and few between and I completely agree, motorists break way more laws than we do, and endanger not only themselves but others 2, we only endanger ourselves if we want to ride like mindless buffoons.

there is only so much we can do (and I will not ride in the gutter where glass and all sorts gather when my 1 tyre costs as much as a car tyre) from there it is up to the motorist to be sensible and have some sort of patience in taking 2 seconds longer to get past me.

THis is at ASH

I am the chairman of ESMERO cycling and we have been riding there for over a year now....

If you do have a problem could we meet next week and Tueday where we ride and discuss the issue or the problem so that I can iron out the ones thats doing it.

I will meet you there at 5pm Sharp OK

Thanks

Esmero Chairman

THis is at ASH

I am the chairman of ESMERO cycling and we have been riding there for over a year now....

If you do have a problem could we meet next week and Tueday where we ride and discuss the issue or the problem so that I can iron out the ones thats doing it.

Thanks

Esmero Chairman

There appears to be a cutting edge new trend in cycling, which I am hoping I could get in on, "on the ground floor", as it were.

Tell me, do you encourage smoking amongst your members?

You guys sticking up for the roadies should drive Hendrik Potgieter ever day, the Medscheme guys ride like Idiots, i have nearly hit them twice personally, the whole group jumped a red robot the one day and i had to swerve quite badly with my niece in the car, i wanted to pull over and kick their heads in.

I have said if i see them riding like that again or endanger my life like that again i will wait for them with a few friends and give them a lesson that they deserve, oh yes, Malcolm Lange was in that group, i swore at him personally out my window.

If cyclists respect the rules of the road, then there should be no problem for them other than taxi's!

showdown at the OK Corale

THis is at ASH

Thanks

Esmero Chairman

Yip I am a roadie :D

Dont care about post counts just strange to see someone just joined thehub and first post is a complaint about roadies but ok maybe we deserve it.

joey100, Bring your comments whenever you want.

Welcome to the Hub!

There's lot to learn here. And lots to share. :)

[back to the thread]

If it was a pro 'owning' the road, then that is just uncool role modelling.

Nevva mind the risk of getting the hurt.

Hope not! :blink: