You don't own the road

Lipton

Some cyclists are complete tjops (as are some pedestrians and motorists). Name 'n' shame..

Name and shame, also the motorist and busses...and old men driving like Tjops....

Your all wasting your time....

Ash, do you need some more pics? I will send you some of me skipping light and, I might have some of me at a stop street....

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a 65 year old man that was almost involved in fisticuffs with some of your cyclists before in our street I will gladly stand up for my rights and not be bullied by anyone.The pics are on their way to Roodepoort Record hopefully this will be published soon.

Remember the three cars trying to gain access into the yard yesterday when 7 to 10 of you came around the corner without any care for us turning into our yard and one had the gaul to swear at us. What happened to respect for your neighbours, today's youngsters are something else.

You should post your pics on the forum, I don't think anyone likes a bully, let alone a pack of bullies.

You should post your pics on the forum, I don't think anyone likes a bully, let alone a pack of bullies.

It will n ot achieve anything...

Its a bit like our attitude to drinking and driving. In other countries it is frowned upon to drink and drive...here you are a tosser if you don't.

Coenie, I think it might, if there are pics of a group of wannabe toughies trying to intimidate a 60 odd year old, I think they should certainly be named and shamed. It hardly takes a pair of bol**%^s to pick on an elderly guy now does it?

Coenie, I think it might, if there are pics of a group of wannabe toughies trying to intimidate a 60 odd year old, I think they should certainly be named and shamed. It hardly takes a pair of bol**%^s to pick on an elderly guy now does it?

Hey, leave me outta this. I was not even there at the time....

What do you class as `road-users`. We talking about national roads and main roads, not residential roads (neighborhood roads)

I dont rush/race around on the roads! I ALWAYS give way to cyclists where I CAN!

If they riding 2-3 a breast and dont fall back into single file by the time I am about 10metres away, then I will give a short `toot` and if they still dont fall back then I`m not going to give way because this will make me drive onto the wrong side of the road to pass them, endangering my life!

Cycling = inhaling CO2, dealing with i-rate Motorists????????? :blink:

MTB = inhaling fresh O2, and NOT dealing with anything! So relaxing right now! :P

Interesting views you have - mostly invalid - but interesting nonetheless. You mentioned earlier about some pecking order of vehicles in order of size. As before, interesting but invalid. The bicycle was on roads before motor vehicles were invented and in fact many roads were built primarily for bicycle use. Added to the fact that law gives equal status to any vehicle (motorised or not). And of course the fact that cyclists on the road have the moral highground being a zero emission vehicle. I would say pecking order given that we supposedly live in a civilised society (I know its a stretch) is cyclist on top.

Anyway, your example above holds no water. If I am riding alone on a narrow road and ride in the middle of the lane (ie take up as much space as two cyclists riding abreast) I am firstly within my rights. If you gave me a sharp toot - I'd give you a sharp finger in response. You don't need to drive on the wrong side of the road to pass in either my example or yours. What you could do is wait until it is safe and legal for you to pass.

Perhaps you should try convince people to ride offroad. It may surprise you that many do both and some commute, ride road, and ride MTB. Personally I commute on my MTB most days, I "race" my Anthem periodically (maybe 5 times a year including Sani and Hill2Hill) but I also enjoy riding my road bike every now and then and have done a dozen Amashova's, the Etape du Tour and four 320km charity cycles. Most of the riding MTB riding though is in very environmentally unfriendly environments - particularly in KZN where we ride most through plantations and cane farms.

Just weird to see someone that joined the hub today post complaints about roadies on his first post. <_<

I smell foul play with this guy lipton. 1!!!!! post?

Lipton I am sure you one of those guys who has a big boep, high cholestrol, on high blood pressure tablets and you just bought a bike that weighs more than u and now u struggling to maintain your pace with the big boys,so now you need to slander and paint all us cyclist with the same brush.

C'mon

THis is at ASH

I am the chairman of ESMERO cycling and we have been riding there for over a year now....

If you do have a problem could we meet next week and Tueday where we ride and discuss the issue or the problem so that I can iron out the ones thats doing it.

I will meet you there at 5pm Sharp OK

Thanks

Esmero Chairman

So Dagwood what was the outcome?

Did ASh-Hole meet with you.?

Did he comes with his people. lol

Maybe I'm alone in this. I ALWAYS stop at red lights(I'm a roadie) I always greet the mtb riders when they're on the road. I always keep as far left as possible when it's safe for me. And I always keep my bird finger hidden, don't stand a chance against a car with a road rager inside it.

Bottom line obey the rules of the road.

Theres a lot said about motorists that need to be tolerent, yet cyclists ride abreast and actualy do expect motorist to endanger themseleves by crossing lanes and driving around them. If the cyclists would simply be attentive and stick to the law, Single file only, or make way for motorists then to some degree maybe they would be less agressive towards us.

To those that state comments to the extent that they can do as they please.

Do yourself a favour and buy your white spray can now, This will inevitably be your bike.

post-14491-058458700 1285175738.jpg