RH in latest RIDE mag on Powertraining

Guest Big H

From wikipedia:

"In the context of the Internet' date=' a troll is a person who makes inflammatory or comments, which by effect or design cause disruptions in discourse, or a post made by such a person. Trolling can be described as a breaching experiment, which, because of the use of an alternate persona, allows for normal social boundaries and rules of etiquette to be tested or otherwise broken, without serious consequences."

I also found a dutch definition for BigH:

"
In een internetomgeving is een Troll een persoon die slechts als doel heeft: het zaaien van onrust en het krijgen van reacties en aandacht." [/quote']

LOLClap Internet Troll!

To translate to Afrikaans, change the T do a D and voila Wink

Christie2007-09-13 03:53:12

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoe! what a discussion. After taking 20min to read through it all, here is my 2 cents worth on powermeters, having used 3 different manufacturers products.

they all work differently, and they were all a great benefit to my training. I was far better conditioned in the points in my season where I wanted to be at peak condition due to structure in my program (thank you coach, patience and powermeter).

every single one of them isnt perfect, and there is a "gizmo" factor to each 1. but you know what, if its 8 or 20 watts out, as long as its consistently the same amount out, you are able to do your training right anyway. you are supposed to obey YOUR powermeter, not the guy`s who is riding next to you. "he`s screen says 250, mine says 234, i must ride 250 then" - maybe he`s is over by 20 watts? who cares?

powermeters have, like HRM`s, improved the riding of thousands of riders out there. I can personally attest to gaining 4min in 1 season over 40k tt on the same course in the same conditions, on the same bike. it won me a triathlon SA champs. I love the fact that its instant reading of whats going on with my body, and you learn that if you push now, later it will come back to you.

the gizmo factor comes in with daily calibration before each ride, servicing, maintenance and I personally enjoy it. but then im an Ironman junkie and a tech freak. aero helmets, powermeters and elliptical chainrings are my favorite toys.

enjoy your riding, and if you dont want to play with the gizmo factor, dont. let the rest of us enjoy it.

Why arent you putting the riders weight into the equation? Surely that affects your power' date=' i.e the bigger the rider, the more power? But thats not to say the bigger guy is going to sprint faster... I think you should look at that max in w/kg and not just watts[/quote']

Yes, you are right - the w/kg value levels the playing field!

The real truth is "watts per kilogram for a duration"

That is the only number that you can compare with.

What is the criteria for being named an Internet Troll?

This troll looks like a prime speciman for Carbon Dating...

Oom-paloempa

http://www.columbian.com/_images/outerlimits/troll.jpg

From wikipedia:

"In the context of the Internet' date=' a troll is a person who makes inflammatory or comments, which by effect or design cause disruptions in discourse, or a post made by such a person. Trolling can be described as a breaching experiment, which, because of the use of an alternate persona, allows for normal social boundaries and rules of etiquette to be tested or otherwise broken, without serious consequences."

I also found a dutch definition for BigH:

"
In een internetomgeving is een Troll een persoon die slechts als doel heeft: het zaaien van onrust en het krijgen van reacties en aandacht." [/quote'] R2D2 and Delgado als fits to this description

OK' date=' been through this whole joke!  Number 1, Oom H is stirring, AGAIN!!  Sometimes I get the feeling that he makes a decision, right or wrong, and to hell with the what the experts say about it, he's word is law.  But then, does that mean that all "padmakers" are stealing funding and are lazy people?  I think so 'cause look at the state our roads are in!  (Oom H, nou slaat ek jou met jou eie logika!)

[/quote']

Ja nee Boet toe ekke nog hier was in julle quasi land van melk en heuning Banana Republic was die paaie nog in 'n goeie toestand. Jammer ek het weggeloop en julle oukies in die tjorts gedrop.

Regarding hierdie hele debat..... teeee heeee fietsers is tog so voorspelbaar as mens die regte toutjies trek.... seker die testosteroon en in sommige die oestrogeen levels wat te hoog is.... MWNN ou boetie, onthou asseblief om jou hormoonplletjies gereeld te neem dan sal jy minner cranky wees.

Ursus Maximus en Paraffin relax ek glo wat julle se maar ek gaat julle nie uitlos nie..... dit maak darem vir lekker gesels en maak ook dat baja ouens lees van julle pogings om "power vir die poepols" te gee.
Big H2007-09-13 15:28:48

[quote=Big H

Ursus Maximus en Paraffin relax ek glo wat julle se maar ek gaat julle nie uitlos nie..... dit maak darem vir lekker gesels en maak ook dat baja ouens lees van julle pogings om "power vir die poepols" te gee.

Hierdie is die soort humor ek wardeer, maar as u aanhou totdat u my intelligensie beledig dan begin ek om 'n bietjie 'grumpy' te wees. Smile