29" MTB

Perot

Anyone ride a 29" MTB?  Any thoughts on the best entry level 29" bike is and what I should expect to pay?

GT Peace 9er single speed - R5,500

20070910_063441_peace9r1.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone ride a 29" MTB?  Any thoughts on the best entry level 29" bike is and what I should expect to pay?

GT Peace 9er single speed - R5' date='500

[/quote']

Where did you get this price darren?

What is the facination with 29"er's? Is it just novelty value or some other technical issue?

Must say, it looks kinda out of proportion, but that is only because we are used to 26" tires.

Where did you get this price darren?

Crosstown Cycles, Kenilworth (Cape Town) Tel. 021 761 0112

When you are my size, riding a 29er makes a lot of sense. I'm 1.97 and all legs, with a 1m inseam... My 22" Merida looks quite out of proportion with the seat up high and the handlebars down low. Can anyone say "endo"? So, I'm looking into buying a 29er dually sometime in the future. Ventana, Turner or Asylum. Maybe even a Titus - depending on finances...

But overall the South African cycling public seems to be a bit slow on the uptake with regards to the whole 29er movement.

Sequoia: Do it! The Asylum is a Titus, it's not like a Titus, it is one! The new Titus' come out with a stock ali 29'er! I have a titanium one and it is simply a beauty to ride.

para' date=' would a short **** like me - i ride a small 26er - be comfortable on one?

[/quote']

I know a guy that rides a 17'' 29'' Confused and he is very happy with the bike.

para' date=' would a short **** like me - i ride a small 26er - be comfortable on one?

[/quote']

I know a guy that rides a 17'' 29'' Confused and he is very happy with the bike.

thanks, am tempted!

We have two staff members on Niner 29inch bikes, call our offices on

0861-Shimano and speack to either Jade or Tyson and I know they are

raving about the 29inch Niners.

rgds steve meltzer