Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

@He-Man and Thug, your 2 bikes make me think of Spy vs. Spy in the Mad Magazines....

@Thug - very stealth looking, I like the matt black

@He-Man, what fork is that?

The fork is a Momsen FR29.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my wrists that take a beating, riding the rigid fork. King's Kloof is NOT a suitable rigid fork destination......

I've just switched from a carbon rigid fork to a steel rigid and the steel is way more comfortable. I'm not sure I would go back to a suspended fork.

It's my wrists that take a beating, riding the rigid fork. King's Kloof is NOT a suitable rigid fork destination......

I have done all and sundry on the rigid, they will harden up :thumbup:

Learn to ride with "loose" hands rather than holding onto the bars for dear life,keep your weight back a bit more than you usually would when encountering rocks and bumps so your legs take more of the hits and your hands and arms less. Fat tyre, low pressure up front and you won't look back again.

Still keen to try the rigid option, but to be honest I am scared my glass wrists would shatter.

Still keen to try the rigid option, but to be honest I am scared my glass wrists would shatter.

I used to have glass wrists, they are now beer bottles.

:clap: :clap:

But seriaaaasly, keep at it and you harden up lekka.

My comment RE the wrists is rather true though as the outside bones of my wrist are a mm or two longer and there was a time when I could not lift my coffee cup up after doing some damage .... shorter stem, wider bars with a better back sweep though have greatly assisted and I no longer have issues.

Just would not like to be banged up again though .. not pleasant!

My comment RE the wrists is rather true though as the outside bones of my wrist are a mm or two longer and there was a time when I could not lift my coffee cup up after doing some damage .... shorter stem, wider bars with a better back sweep though have greatly assisted and I no longer have issues.

Just would not like to be banged up again though .. not pleasant!

Eish bru, not worth it, rather don't mess with that.

My pride and joy :) Just lube and ride, lube and ride....O, and a wash once a blue moon when I want her to look pretty for my little photo shoots :blush:

I want to change my current Niner EMD to this setup. Awesome!

A couple of things:

• I was horrified through my ignorance at the price of the rigid carbon forks - want the Niner fork but can't seem to find a straight 1 1/8".
  • I'm running a 2x10 so I think I need to chuck the whole drive train and look for a 3 ring crank that I can change.

After a few weeks wiff gum and ball protectors they go numb, then you know you ready to take dem out and enter them races :) You get so use to riding rigid, when you ride a bike with a suspension it feels like you have a puncture and continuously stop to check the tyre pressure.

Will put some miles on it the next 3 days and go race it on Tuesday ....