Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

So i got donated a frame to build my ss mtb. Just a student budged i can not even buy cranks. So i want to commute with the bike to save petrol but now parts are more expensive than petrol! Haha. Any parts donations?

post-36180-0-61619900-1394098685_thumb.jpg

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My attempt at regaining some street cred in the MTB SS Thread!

Had to take a hacksaw and file to the Stinger chain guide in order to be able to rotate it enough to get the wrap right and chain tension to an acceptable standard ...... but she did her maiden voyage to work this morning dressed like this and felt rather good.

I recon the perfect ration would be a 32x17t ..... so if anyone out there has a 17t lying around and want to swap for a very very lightly used cog please give me a shout.

post-5403-0-00358900-1394435604_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-90115600-1394435608_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-94599400-1394435613_thumb.jpg

Ok. ...Day one dusted...That 18t is way too light for the commute but should be ok on the mountain....Will comment after Wednesday's Table Mountain Ride

Nice Man ... you got the chain tugs sorted now?

not in yet. just removed the guide and upfront the small ring. also put on a knc (I think) SS chain. the spacing work out just right. loving it.

Here's my pride and joy. Recently upgraded the wheelset and I'm very happy with the Spinergys. The pimping is not done yet. Still want to add gold chainring bolts, gold headset spacers, a gold seatpost clamp and a white saddle.

post-14677-0-05472100-1394538294_thumb.jpg

post-14677-0-99682000-1394538296_thumb.jpg

Here's my pride and joy. Recently upgraded the wheelset and I'm very happy with the Spinergys. The pimping is not done yet. Still want to add gold chainring bolts, gold headset spacers, a gold seatpost clamp and a white saddle.

Hi now that is a clean bike wow. enjoy

Hi now that is a clean bike wow. enjoy

Thanks, not usually this clean. Thats why I love this bike so much. Next to zero maintenance and cheap to service.

My attempt at regaining some street cred in the MTB SS Thread!

Had to take a hacksaw and file to the Stinger chain guide in order to be able to rotate it enough to get the wrap right and chain tension to an acceptable standard ...... but she did her maiden voyage to work this morning dressed like this and felt rather good.

I recon the perfect ration would be a 32x17t ..... so if anyone out there has a 17t lying around and want to swap for a very very lightly used cog please give me a shout.

I've got the same problem with an X0(MRP) chain guide, I cannot get the chain tensioned enough. I've decided to use a 1/2 link chain, which has been ordered. Should be here soon. In the meantime I've got a tensioner in there, but it just looks too busy.

post-2975-0-83033300-1394560107_thumb.jpg

The chain-guide is there because the bike gets used as 1x10 at times.

Edited by deanbean

I took the plunge, converted my one and only bike.

Finished it yesterday. Yet to be tested on the mountain but I got excited just riding it on the road.

The bike:

post-31928-0-91739600-1394605328_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nick.

Finished it yesterday. Yet to be tested on the mountain but I got excited just riding it on the road.

The bike:

Looks awesome! How are you planning on tensioning the chain once it starts to loosen up?

Looks awesome! How are you planning on tensioning the chain once it starts to loosen up?

Thanks!

The chain has already been used on another single speed bike for a good distance, so hoping it is mostly stretched out. The tension is currently a bit strong so a little more stretch will help it settle in. If not, I'll throw a tensioner on or play with some half links but crossing my fingers it won't come to that.

I do have my eye on a more suitable frame though, pending some financial growth ;)

Edited by Nick.

The bike:

Looks dead sexy, even with the sloping saddle angle

Looks dead sexy, even with the sloping saddle angle

It makes me feel faster when I slide forward. There still needs to be some tweaking.

Edited by Nick.