Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Few things in life are as frightening as the moment when you are out of the saddle swinging the bike like crazy and cranking and sprinting out of the saddle from a start and your chain comes off on your SS ...... turns out I got lucky, bit battered on and lost a bit of skin on the inside of my knee

Hasn't happened to me on my SS yet but 2 months ago broke my brand new 10 speed chain while sprinting out the saddle for a jump. I must have been doing 35km/h and then I overtook the bike out the front door :eek:. Thank goodness for long Spruit grass this time of year. Only bruised knees on handlebars.

Finally done....

Unfortunately bar looks more pink than red. Might change to a black saddle as well...and to break some further rules...add some red bar-ends :w00t:

That is hot! Enjoy.

Finally done....

Unfortunately bar looks more pink than red. Might change to a black saddle as well...and to break some further rules...add some red bar-ends :w00t:

Verry nice! What chain is that and where can I get one?

Verry nice! What chain is that and where can I get one?

Thanks Pieter. It is a Taya Singlespeed Chain, got it from CWC in Jan. They have some listed on the site but doesn't seem to have halflink in stock at the moment.

Edited by hboli4

Thanks!!! Had so much fun building it I just want to build another one...

Like it, thats tbe problem with doing a bike build. It's like drugs, you satisfy the urge and it goes away for a bit. But watch out when it returns????????

I constantly fiddle with my build, it's now doing duty as a 10sp machine, but I got the urge to rebuild it today, so it may be a SS again by the end of the week. I'm looking at some green bits from Superstar to put on it. I need a wider handle bar????

Edited by deanbean

Thanks Pieter. It is a Taya Singlespeed Chain, got it from CWC in Jan. They have some listed on the site but doesn't seem to have halflink in stock at the moment.

Awesome thanks! Hope you have many happy miles!

Like it, thats tbe problem with doing a bike build. It's like drugs, you satisfy the urge and it goes away for a bit. But watch out when it returns

I constantly fiddle with my build, it's now doing duty as a 10sp machine, but I got the urge to rebuild it today, so it may be a SS again by the end of the week. I'm looking at some green bits from Superstar to put on it. I need a wider handle bar

What width are you looking at? The bar I've got is a 780mm, lekker!

What width are you looking at? The bar I've got is a 780mm, lekker!

About there, to 760? I'll get a wide one and see how it works out. I've got a 90mm overdrive stem, so I can't go too wide. If only I could get a 50mm OD stem

About there, to 760? I'll get a wide one and see how it works out. I've got a 90mm overdrive stem, so I can't go too wide. If only I could get a 50mm OD stem

Been looking around myself.

Just took a look at the Super Star site again and for around the R650 mark it seems you can get a decent set of bars to Cape Town.... still searching though.....