Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

The Momsen STR29 is it a new frame? From who did get the Momsen Rigid fork? Looking for the Momsen frame and was told maybe in Jan.

There are a few around (I have 1) and more were supposed to be built during November - Call West Rand Cycles, they will know.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone built up a 650b singlespeed yet?

There's pics floating around in one fo the SS forums of a similar Ritchey build... 650B

The Momsen STR29 is it a new frame? From who did get the Momsen Rigid fork? Looking for the Momsen frame and was told maybe in Jan.

Got the fork from Epic cycles last year. They are also in short supply. The frame is new.

Fuming at the moment! Just found out that Momsen have delayed the frame for another month. So yes, only in January. Going to look at my alternative again...disappointing.

Depending on what I do, the fork now might be up for grabs.

Edited by Excite_Bike

Got the fork from Epic cycles last year. They are also in short supply. The frame is new.

Fuming at the moment! Just found out that Momsen have delayed the frame for another month. So yes, only in January. Going to look at my alternative again...disappointing.

Inbred 29er. thumbup1.gif

Has anyone built up a 650b singlespeed yet?

Building my first SS from stuff lying around and an old Trek 4000 (circa 1999) frame that I have. Whilst waiting for my wheels, popped some 650b rims on which I have for another build (just waiting for the 650b tyres) and there is plenty of clearance with the frame and the suntour fork, so might run it as a 650b SS thumbup1.gif

post-33015-0-51626000-1355143927_thumb.jpg

Edited by shaper

Bummer to wait for another month - but worth waiting for (ok - slightly biased view :) ) If you want to have a look and ride around the block, you are welcome to test mine if you are in jhb - pm me

And yes - I do have an inbred frame coming from CT too. :) - just to satisfy Nick and my curiosity....

Building my first SS from stuff lying around and an old Trek 4000 (circa 1999) frame that I have. Whilst waiting for my wheels, popped some 650b rims on which I have for another build (just waiting for the 650b tyres) and there is plenty of clearance with the frame and the suntour fork, so might run it as a 650b SS thumbup1.gif

Very little clearance for the tyre in the pic... clap.gif

That is interesting - I have a Trek 9900 frame hanging up... I wonder....

Bummer to wait for another month - but worth waiting for (ok - slightly biased view :) ) If you want to have a look and ride around the block, you are welcome to test mine if you are in jhb - pm me

And yes - I do have an inbred frame coming from CT too. :) - just to satisfy Nick and my curiosity....

Was it you with the Momsen that I met in the way out of Emmarentia yesterday?

Was it you with the Momsen that I met in the way out of Emmarentia yesterday?

No - probably my training partner - he runs a front shock, I have a carbon rigid fork.

His new fork is in my car..... carbon rigid...

Nice to see SS builds from "things lying around in the garage" ... thumbup1.gif

no name handlebars and seat post (think is the original Trek post)

Raleigh stem

Giant seat

deore crank

avid brakes (with an A2Z Unviversal adaptor to make the frame a suitable for disc brakes)

XCM fork

and a DMR Tensioner which along with the A2Z universal adaptor are the only things bought for this build, the rest is lying around

Very little clearance for the tyre in the pic... clap.gif

have 6cm to the stays, so should be enough to run a 2.1" tyre.... else will be a 26er, which it is intended to be and the 650b's will go on my On One build as originally meant smile.png

Edited by shaper

no name handlebars and seat post (think is the original Trek post)

Raleigh stem

Giant seat

deore crank

avid brakes (with an A2Z Unviversal adaptor to make the frame a suitable for disc brakes)

XCM fork

and a DMR Tensioner which along with the A2Z universal adaptor are the only things bought for this build, the rest is lying around

have 6cm to the stays, so should be enough to run a 2.1" tyre.... else will be a 26er, which it is intended to be and the 650b's will go on my On One build as originally meant smile.png

Think of filing down the underside and open up the cable guide below the rear stays (close to the seat post) that used to cater for the old v brakes and then run the housing for your disc brake through there vs using a cable tie.

Think of filing down the underside and open up the cable guide below the rear stays (close to the seat post) that used to cater for the old v brakes and then run the housing for your disc brake through there vs using a cable tie.

Cool, will be much neater!!

No - probably my training partner - he runs a front shock, I have a carbon rigid fork.

His new fork is in my car..... carbon rigid...

He did have a fork. Blerrie nice bike.

He did have a fork. Blerrie nice bike.

It will get better when the new fork goes on.... but they are nice handling bikes, and the paragon slider seems to me to be a better solution than the inbred's sliding dropout arrangement - re-aligning a brake caliper every time you tension the chain does not seem like fun to me - may still be surprised on that though - have to wait and see.