Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

And?...

Picked her up yesterday, nothing fancy though.

Will post some pics tonight/tomorrow morning.

Hitting Big Red with her on my maiden SS voyage

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:clap: saw your the other day when i finished it.

Seen a couple of them around lately - even one with gears... luckily mine has black cranks... Where did you see me on mine?

Seen a couple of them around lately - even one with gears... luckily mine has black cranks... Where did you see me on mine?

saw yours on the hub.

apparently only a few of them were brought in.

cool would like to see more of them.

Question... I am running a 34 front and a 20 rear. Using a bmx chain so it is pretty strong, however I seem to be tensioning the chain pretty often. Does this sound correct? I ride the bike almost daily in Tokai and on TM. It seems I am tensioning it too often but I can't run the chain with slack or it comes off.

Anything I am missing here?

mmmm my halflink normally stretches in the first 500km, then it settles.

Question... I am running a 34 front and a 20 rear. Using a bmx chain so it is pretty strong, however I seem to be tensioning the chain pretty often. Does this sound correct? I ride the bike almost daily in Tokai and on TM. It seems I am tensioning it too often but I can't run the chain with slack or it comes off.

Anything I am missing here?

Assuming you're running a tensioner - is there any chance your tensioner is actually moving. This can happen if you are using the tensioner to pull the chain as opposed to pushing it up. The design of mine allowed for this problem which was easily replaced with an improved washer where the tensioner bolts to the hanger.

I had a halflink and it kept breaking so I threw it out. This chain is great I just don't understand the stretching. Mybe it will settle. I can't find any other issues just thought someone might have a lightbulb idea!!

How often are you tensioning it?

(The new chain)

Edited by SamL1220

saw yours on the hub.

apparently only a few of them were brought in.

cool would like to see more of them.

There were initially only 6 made apparently - but lately they have brought some more in.

Of the first 6 I know 4 of the owners - one of whom is my training partner, and the other 2 work for Momsen..

There were initially only 6 made apparently - but lately they have brought some more in.

Of the first 6 I know 4 of the owners - one of whom is my training partner, and the other 2 work for Momsen..

awsome so there should be a Momsen str29 club :ph34r:

Any chance you could post me a picture of your improved tensioning? I am not 100% with you!! Thanks. Yes I am using a tensioner to pull the chain though.

No probs. Will take a pic and post.