Sellers.......STOP being stupid

mark ellis

OP... you forgot something very important... USE A PROPER DESCRIPTION/HEADING... nothing more frustrating than 'for sale' or 'wheels for sale' .... if it's wheels, say MTB or Road... etc.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And don't think that because you paid R20 000 for a bike last year that you can sell it this year for R19 000.

Bicycles depreciate faster than cars, even if they are not ridden and have been sitting the the garage for the last 11 months

This one I cant figure out :o

One that I forgot to mention. Warranties hardly ever pass on to the second owner. So when a 6month old bike is sold on the Hub, you cannot claim to be selling with a warranty.

One that I forgot to mention. Warranties hardly ever pass on to the second owner. So when a 6month old bike is sold on the Hub, you cannot claim to be selling with a warranty.

especially if you registered the "product" online in your name! ;)

warranty is then null and void...

And when (if) it's sold go & EDIT (yes you can do that) by adding "SOLD" to the heading so that people don't have to scroll through 3 pages of bumph to find out it's gone. Don't substitute SOLD for the heading cos then some poor schmuck who was interested ends up looking back through 6 weeks od ads looking for the item ....

Edited by montyzuma

I still try to grasp the term "usual scratches as it is a mountain bike after all". My MTB is 18 months old and not a single scratch so I can probably sell it as "new".

Thats just because you ride like my grandmother

And when (if) it's sold go & EDIT (yes you can do that) by adding "SOLD" to the heading so that people don't have to scroll through 3 pages of bumph to find out it's gone. Don't substitute SOLD for the heading cos then some poor schmuck who was interested ends up looking back through 6 weeks od ads looking for the item ....

:thumbup:

Amen to this - drives me mad!

Also you can't compare carbon to alu when selling a frame!

Face it...Carbon is generally more expensive.

What about the idiots whos first post is a R30k bike and never replies to the advert again and......

The guys who post is a R30k bike and when asked a few questions said bike is suddenly sold for same price as a shop and in a crappy condition.

Also you can't compare carbon to alu when selling a frame!

Face it...Carbon is generally more expensive.

I would think the percentage of devaluation would be much greater on a ***used carbon frame than a used ally frame, there is no warranty on both but the carbon frame is more likely to crack than an ally frame.

***used = used or brand new with no warranty

I am still a noob so correct me if I am wrong

You guys should all loosen your ties and relax.:clap:

Breathe in, out and a few more times, and accept the world for what it is.:thumbup:

There you go,

Now I've got a Specialized Raleigh with Bora R-Sys wheels, 2007 model but hardly used, so selling as new, at below cost for R60,000 and it has a carbon fork with oval chainrings and a tiagra thingy at the back.

Don't ask me for pictures as I can't upload them - plus you all know what I'm talking about.

Thanks HUbbers:clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Guest agteros

You guys should all loosen your ties and relax.:clap:

Breathe in, out and a few more times, and accept the world for what it is.:thumbup:

There you go,

Now I've got a Specialized Raleigh with Bora R-Sys wheels, 2007 model but hardly used, so selling as new, at below cost for R60,000 and it has a carbon fork with oval chainrings and a tiagra thingy at the back.

Don't ask me for pictures as I can't upload them - plus you all know what I'm talking about.

Thanks HUbbers:clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sounds all Fake to me :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

;)

Edited by agteros