Ag hulle is be... in hulle kop....

AndreZA

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im married , I know full well the benefits it brings.Sorry, Ill be right back just need to go shorten the wifes chain, she seems to have stepped out the kitchen

Sis! thats evil dude.

Sis! thats evil dude.

Much better now. I do give her the freedom to fetch me beers in the evening when I get home from work. Im not a complete slave driver.

I don't get your logic. Why would components get cheaper if they are getting more expensive?

If niche products get more expensive it only putts pressure on ordinary components to become more expensive too.

Again, just sit down and think about paying R2400 for a disk rotor. A piece of metal that has to help a 70/80kg object stop doing 30/40km/h. Using very basic technology. Absolute nuts

My logic is this (and perhaps the analogy is not relevant but hey it's my analogy):

Years ago cars were hectially expensive and getting one with electric windows, power steering and aircon was out of most people's ability.

Nowadays (thanks to trickle down technology) - most people can afford cars with loads of "nice to haves".

Expensive components push the boundaries and create technology that will become mainstream (and affordable) in the future.

Value is a relative thing - we could all drive to work perfectly well in R60,000 Kia but we don't do we? Sure the R2,400 rotor is an extreme example but where you peg your value versus cost line is a completely personal thing.

I wish the Raleigh and Silverback riders would stick to their heavy metal, and allow the not-so-cash-strapped riders to enjoy their toys! Those titanium rotors will look great on my carbon Merida 96 Team, just wished they had 180's in stock. Will give Jnr a call later today to see if he can make a plan for me!

Lol - a merida carbon 96 team - wow - how unique and classy. I'll remember to mind out your way as you fly past me on my lowly Raleigh. Or is it all show and no go bling boy :P

My logic is this (and perhaps the analogy is not relevant but hey it's my analogy):

Years ago cars were hectially expensive and getting one with electric windows, power steering and aircon was out of most people's ability.

Nowadays (thanks to trickle down technology) - most people can afford cars with loads of "nice to haves".

Expensive components push the boundaries and create technology that will become mainstream (and affordable) in the future.

Value is a relative thing - we could all drive to work perfectly well in R60,000 Kia but we don't do we? Sure the R2,400 rotor is an extreme example but where you peg your value versus cost line is a completely personal thing.

I got an idea lets all rush out and buy Ti rotors its sure to bring the cost down for the second set you need when these wear out :D

Serioulsy - guys, spend your money where and how you like it. I must admit that I have been blinging my lowly Raleigh a bit too recently - it now has a red adonized steerer spacer, XT wheels and a Reba Team fork. Any other suggestions?

I got an idea lets all rush out and buy Ti rotors its sure to bring the cost down for the second set you need when these wear out :D

Serioulsy - guys, spend your money where and how you like it. I must admit that I have been blinging my lowly Raleigh a bit too recently - it now has a red adonized steerer spacer, XT wheels and a Reba Team fork. Any other suggestions?

Absolutely - buy a Niner :lol:

26" and gears are soooo last year.

Bling your bike the way you want it. Just remember we have the right stuff for you at Chris Willemse Cycles / Online. If we do not have it in stock then we will make sure that we get it for you.

Pushing boundries is fine by me, but my question remains; what boundry is this rotor pushing exactly that you are expecting to trickle down to us? It seems to do nothing better than a standard one (in fact it sounds less durable), so it seems that it's only function is purely cosmetic!

Bling your bike the way you want it. Just remember we have the right stuff for you at Chris Willemse Cycles / Online. If we do not have it in stock then we will make sure that we get it for you.

Very diplomatic :thumbup:

Mmmm i gave up waiting for your promise that you would contact me when you had run out of stock.

No problem though, i went to our local Solomons and got it cheaper :D

Hi Scotty.

This remark you made a few times some months ago but never told me what you were ordering and when as I asked you. The same story every time.

But don't worry - one day we will get you on our side again.

Have to agree with Scotty....(AGAIN :rolleyes: ) on this one....

Also ordered a couple of items and the reply was "don't have this, don't have that, will order when Chris comes back from Euro-bike"

Ordered at Total Cycling and was fitted on the bike within a week! :thumbup:

Promises....promises... ;)

Lol - a merida carbon 96 team - wow - how unique and classy. I'll remember to mind out your way as you fly past me on my lowly Raleigh. Or is it all show and no go bling boy :P

How funny is this!! Had a good laugh. :clap:

We'll have to look out for those toppies on the low flying Merida's with the serious stopping bling! :thumbup: