Ag hulle is be... in hulle kop....

AndreZA

You lot are hilarious!! You are just jealous that the old toppies have a better pay cheque and can aford to splash their money on whatever their heart (or head) desires while you have to scrape the bottom of the bank account just to keep the bike in running condition.

Don't get me wrong, I feel exactly the same way. I K@K off just to keep my bike in top condition but if I need to replace the parts, I don't go see what 'the next best thing' is that's on the market. I go get something that fits my pocket and gets the job done.

It just makes it more funny when you pass these guys on the suped up bikes and seeing them suffer while you cruise by without much effort.

btw I am married too and the rock is only good when it suits her. Other than that it is a liability :o my wife better not read this :o

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol - yes when you get a bit older the bike needs to get lighter to compensate for the bodily expansion - problem is you can never ever quite cancel out the bulge with lightweight bling...

I got an idea lets all rush out and buy Ti rotors its sure to bring the cost down for the second set you need when these wear out :D

Serioulsy - guys, spend your money where and how you like it. I must admit that I have been blinging my lowly Raleigh a bit too recently - it now has a red adonized steerer spacer, XT wheels and a Reba Team fork. Any other suggestions?

What about Merida decals, but on second thought, once a monkey....

btw I am married too and the rock is only good when it suits her. Other than that it is a liability :o my wife better not read this :o

Hijack ON! Did you know that wedding rings are the smallest handcuffs ever made? :D

Hijack off!

I bet you don't ride with a saddle bag either ? But really comparing a Merida to a Releigh ?

I have to agree B! Mamapara pushed it tooo faar , you cut me deep Parra ,you cut me real deep .....

Bling your bike the way you want it. Just remember we have the right stuff for you at Chris Willemse Cycles / Online. If we do not have it in stock then we will make sure that we get it for you.

Dear Santachris. I wish to buy that bicycle bell thingy that says "track please" in a polite and verrrrry petit ladies voice. Does not have to be carbon or titanium. Oh...and while you are at it, get me a set of Spartagus legs, I will pay R2400 ea no quarrel! Love your work

Easy.... demand and supply. There is clearly a demand for it and CWC is supplying a product that fit that market. Basic business actually.

If you are put off by the price, the the product is not aimed at you. If someone with too much money wants to spend that on discs, good on them. Sounds like something Mr Kunene might be interested in, it should go great with the sushi. :-)

Its a simple case of blatant stupidity if you ask me, If they dont perform 500% better and last 500% longer than my current setup whats the point.

I agree, it's damn expensive, but clearly some people are willing to pay for those. It's not our money so why are we even commenting on this?

you did not have to mention price on you bike. I took the value of a Merida which should never exceed R25000 and worked it out from there. Why would I drool over other people's bikes. There are about 5 of my bikes in the country. I would however love to see scientific proof that spending money will make you smarter :lol: and faster.

Spending money on a Powerband would probably make you smarter and faster :lol:

you did not have to mention price on you bike. I took the value of a Merida which should never exceed R25000 and worked it out from there. Why would I drool over other people's bikes. There are about 5 of my bikes in the country. I would however love to see scientific proof that spending money will make you smarter :lol: and faster.

The price of the bike does make a difference!

1. Placebo effect is huge

2. The bike IS lighter and feels more responsive (Subjective I know)

3. Once you spend a bomb on th bike you are obliged to ride more get fitter and faster........ or get divorced!

So yes it does work!! Biig time. (Ok maybe not make you any smarter)

And Mreida?? Ja there are tons of entry level bikes out there that are cheap, but that is because they are GOOD Bikes with lots of RND behind them, that has been paid for by the dudes spending on the top end bikes.

This year's top end is next years midrange and the following years entry level. Oh and don't forget who owns Specialized.........

I must say, I find it amusing to see how people make money and can afford expensinve things but still hunt for the lowest prices or shop where they get the lowest prices. :huh: Maybe they don't make as much.

I must say, I find it amusing to see how people make money and can afford expensinve things but still hunt for the lowest prices or shop where they get the lowest prices. :huh: Maybe they don't make as much.

Huh ?? :huh:

Why not, i do. Even a small purchase item such as a tube i will buy where its cheaper.