Racism on Idols

MyGT

No Caerus - all it proves is that you have the power of hearing.

Wooo hoo, the wife keeps telling me im going deaf. I can hear, I can hear(may be selective though)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a mate of mine was the gm for multichoice in cape town... the area with the most DStv subscrition per area was Strandfontein (a part of Mitchells Plain) - so this bird's theory is kaka!!!

Actually its not, it just means that there is a high concentration amongst the what 50 000 residents in mitchels plain, that does not in anyway state that more coloured people own DSTV than white, If 1 out of every 15 white families own DSTV it will still outnumber the coloured contingent.

Let's not forget the Coloured girl that won a few years ago. The one whose boyfriend murdered that woman in the hotel.

And this proofs my point!!!

Her name is Karen Kortje. yet, you still have an opinion on Idols eventhough you don't really now anything about Idols!!! (This is not a personal attack dude!!! I am just saying - everybody acts this way!!!)

C'mon, are you going to buy Loyd's cd would he have won?

Would you buy an Elvis Blue cd?

Karin?

Anke?

Heinz?

Does it matter to you if a black oke wins? Or a white one?

Is anyone on here actually going to buy any of these peoples CD's irrespective of colour, race or creed.

Actually its not, it just means that there is a high concentration amongst the what 50 000 residents in mitchels plain, that does not in anyway state that more coloured people own DSTV than white, If 1 out of every 15 white families own DSTV it will still outnumber the coloured contingent.

<_<

If all and sundry had DSTV the voting would have accounted for 10's 20's of millioans of votes.

I will even stick my neck out and say that it's todays current middle to upper class that have DSTV and cellphones (with sms packages), the rest I would guess simply couldn't give a hoot, they probably don't even know what idols is (take note the i in lower case, as the show is rather shallow)

That middle to upper class will consist of all races and sexes, so the playing field should be quite equal.

Why doesn't the Margaret Thatcher of idols use her energy and look more in to how impoverished her people are rather than worry about how the idols winner came to be, especially when the show is her bread and butter.

Does it really look like these dudes care about idols ?

post-4100-079581100 1289202231.jpg

post-4100-033170200 1289202253.jpg

post-4100-027760700 1289202487.jpg

Edited by Dangle

Is anyone on here actually going to buy any of these peoples CD's irrespective of colour, race or creed.

Agreed, whats the point of defining the talent in the country and then to do nothing to boost them into "superstars" look at how the American's created superstars of their winners.

So whats the story, those judges and the recording studio's they own are just as usless as the competitiors. Its all a farse, if you want to be as opinionated as they are and after how many years you failed to provide the country with a superstar I wouldnt open my mouth. epic fail.

I think in general, they should go out and buy another deck as I am tired of them playing the race card all the time. Lets get over ourselves and stop trying to lay blame on what has happenned and how hard done by we think we are and get in with life.

Let's all be green. Some will be light green and some will be dark green and some will be lime green :D

Lets discuss something cycling related today :clap: Wasting all our energies on this shite

It's a dominant white sport, so that won't work either.

So now what, Im doing a racist sport, doh. I must give my bike away then to some underprivliged person, will it matter what colour that underprivileged person is?

Well, I won R600 this weekend in a race. No one voted for me. Rrrrrrrrrrracists!

now all you have to do is misappropriate those funds and you will be culturally compliant :lol:

Agreed, whats the point of defining the talent in the country and then to do nothing to boost them into "superstars" look at how the American's created superstars of their winners.

So whats the story, those judges and the recording studio's they own are just as usless as the competitiors. Its all a farse, if you want to be as opinionated as they are and after how many years you failed to provide the country with a superstar I wouldnt open my mouth. epic fail.

Never watched 5 min of our Idols, but I figure it's not just us that have wannabe's who go nowhere.

I have watched the US one off and on, though. The Kris guy who beat Adam Lambert? That grey haired guy who won a few yeears ago? It would be nice if we had one Kelly Clarkson or Adam Lambert, but even in a country of 250m people with tons of cash you can't find plenty. Imagine if we had an Adam Lambert, and he had to face up to our judges. Would go well, and he'd end up with some pitiful quasi-pop "hit" to sing. Oh, well.

Just because you are a MTBer riding in the shadows the whole day longs doesn't mean that everyone has a Lilly white ass like yours!! :rolleyes: :D