Hey, dumbass traffic cop, your day will come!!!

The expat cyclist

just finished reading Riaan Manser's book - around africa on my bicycle (or something like that) and it really changed how i looked at the whole bribe thing. he was asked and threatend by A-holes wanting bribes the whole way around but he never paid one - read the book and you'll see how he dealt with the situations but we need far more people following his example

You cannot run a company in Nigeria if you do not bribe. If you want anything to be done, visa, invoices paid, approvals etc etc you have to dash. Even the boss's secretary wants "airtime" every now and then.

The system of bribery in Nigeria is part of the way they are. It has nothing to do with Imperialism or bad habits they learnt from the white man..... It is part of their tradition.

If you wanted to stay next to the chief in the village you gave him money. If you wanted a favour from somebody you gave him money.... That became known as bribery. I have now read a few books by Nigerian authors and this way of thinking comes up often. It is deeply rooted in their way of living. I walk around with a wad of money I specifically use to dash people. It is a way of life here.

Soon when I retire I will become a Consultant to teach you guys how to do it. It has started in SA and will also become a way of life in the tribalistic, nepotistic and paternalistic conditions in SA.

It took me a while to get used to the idea as well as how to "dash" as it is known here economically. The larger amounts that vary from ZAR 1000 to ZAR 15 000 a go I only do after the person does something of value for me.

Edited by Big H

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ye sure i think a company is a totally different ball game. it needs to survive and if everyone else is paying a bribe, its not going to work for the company to not pay a bribe.

i think any change will start at individual level where people's incomes are not at stake

Miskien moet ek nou in my 7de laan afrikaans skryf want die oom sukkel om my elegante brits te verstaan.

Ek dink dis snaaks dat dis onmiddelik 'n swart cop teen wit vrou issue. Kn mens moet versigtig om dit te se, want daars 'n moerse groot legacy van cops wat intimideer en hul mag misbruik. Mmar dit was apartheid, ons het nie geweet nie, ons kon niks doen nie.

Ek gebruik die woord 'naïve' want ek weet nie eintlik hoe erg die metro cops daar in die noord is, ek hoor shock stories maar weet nie die waarheid nie. Ek gebruik 'naïve' ook om eintlik te se dat jy kannie onmiddelik se dis kn swart teen wit issue. There are good cops and bad cops out there, I don't think its determined by the colour of their skin.

You cannot run a company in Nigeria if you do not bribe. If you want anything to be done, visa, invoices paid, approvals etc etc you have to dash. Even the boss's secretary wants "airtime" every now and then.

The system of bribery in Nigeria is part of the way they are. It has nothing to do with Imperialism or bad habits they learnt from the white man..... It is part of their tradition.

If you wanted to stay next to the chief in the village you gave him money. If you wanted a favour from somebody you gave him money.... That became known as bribery. I have now read a few books by Nigerian authors and this way of thinking comes up often. It is deeply rooted in their way of living. I walk around with a wad of money I specifically use to dash people. It is a way of life here.

Soon when I retire I will become a Consultant to teach you guys how to do it. It has started in SA and will also become a way of life in the tribalistic, nepotistic and paternalistic conditions in SA.

It took me a while to get used to the idea as well as how to "dash" as it is known here economically. The larger amounts that vary from ZAR 1000 to ZAR 15 000 a go I only do after the person does something of value for me.

Would you take a bribe yourself?

I remember going off on my partner some years back for giving two pigs a tin of coke each instead of taking the fine (fine was R300 as opposed to two tins of coke, for me its the principle and how will they treat the next person they pull over). I don't believe in bribing them and I have a number on my phone of that e-blockwatch you can call if you are in a dodgy situation, it supposedly records all it can hear etc. Then again I am not a girl and am not small and hate the pigs more than anything.

They are the most useless, corrupt, insidious form of life known to mankind (white or black, I don't discriminate, I hate them all!). Its got nothing to do with what they earn, they just know 7/10 times someone will pay that bribe.

I told him to write the fine, then crumpled it up in his face, threw in on the floor of the car and told him I will see him in court. All this whilst taxis fly through red traffic lights on Louis Botha.

And please leave the racial aspect out of this, I have absolutely no fond memories of former 'boer' traffic cops in the good 'ole bad 'ole days, just as big assholes on a power trip. You become your job.

Bit of a contradiction.

Letting the taxis do what they want is not being prejudiced ?

Racism, unfortunately has become part and parcel of every day South African living.

Funny thing is in the past we had apartheid, now we have racism.

Still don't see how its racist to mention that the cop is black?

Sorry if I missed it, but a bribe of how much was paid? Is it for real that if you don't carry your license they will lock you up? Why :o Sorry your missus had to go through something like this, this country is corrupted to the core

Off topic, but I guess on topic if we are discussing our countrymen in general. There is a "1000000 people against Malema" group on Facebook. One commenter, Lumumba Ndjo, writes:

"Cecil Austin@ I said we don t want to hear telling us about what u have done to us no just take wherever u want and go with son of b***. What did u brought to us u found everything here in Africa mother f*cker?

Craig McIntosh@ tell me what is (leko dimena) u think if I don t know how to speak English it mean I am inferior to u then speak my let me see if u are inferior to me too u see how idiot and stupid u are even u I don t have to waste time with u ur mind is like a small f*cking kid f*cker. others next time loosers evils animals."

I continue to explain to him that pretty much EVERYTHING of any real value in Africa was created or founded by whites (cars, tarred roads, infrastructure, running water etc) and that he and his buddy Julius should stop being hypocrites and complaining about the very things they so enjoy themselves, eg, Julius hates whites but loves his white designed and manufactured German car, same for his white designed and manufactured Swiss watch.

Two days later, one "ANC Comrade" sends me a private message on Facebook titled: "F*ck you c*nt" and it goes like this: "Iam gna track u down and put you down like a filthy dog you are. Jou ma se bloed p**s".

So ja, as usual our darker countrymen would always try to resort to violence and threats first if things don't go their way or if people say something that hits too close to home.

If I had the bucks I'd be out of Africa tomorrow. Let them all rot in corruption and violence.

Thats cause its just not racist to just mention he was a black cop, and to all the okes that sit waiting to scream racism over any topic thats really an issue, get over it!!! I knew you got a rather big fine for not carrying your license, had no idea you would be locked up though? hectic! Agree Caerus, country is really going downhill! Overall really unfortunate and sorry your wife had to go through it all!

What she paid the bribe? siesssssss

My tactic with Metro Cops is take no prisoners: when they pull me over (me being generally law abiding motorist), is to give them cold expressionless stares and ask them what they want. I always have my license with me, and car is always 100%, all fines paid up. And when they do have anything on me, like a few weeks ago when I did not stop dead at an out-of-the-way Stop Sign intersection with no traffic, with the pig hiding under a tree to bust all and sundry doing the same, he says to me "Meneer en nou... " I told him to write the fine, then crumpled it up in his face, threw in on the floor of the car and told him I will see him in court. All this whilst taxis fly through red traffic lights on Louis Botha.

And please leave the racial aspect out of this, I have absolutely no fond memories of former 'boer' traffic cops in the good 'ole bad 'ole days, just as big assholes on a power trip. You become your job.

But we don't go racist... we just describing a cop, who is an @$$hole, who took a birbe, who happened to be black! It the same with criminals. For some dark and obscure reason they're most of the time BLACK. I still don't understand this racism thing.

I'll pay you 10 bucks to remove the exclamation mark from your keyboard.

You have PM

What she paid the bribe? siesssssss

My tactic with Metro Cops is take no prisoners: when they pull me over (me being generally law abiding motorist), is to give them cold expressionless stares and ask them what they want. I always have my license with me, and car is always 100%, all fines paid up. And when they do have anything on me, like a few weeks ago when I did not stop dead at an out-of-the-way Stop Sign intersection with no traffic, with the pig hiding under a tree to bust all and sundry doing the same, he says to me "Meneer en nou... " I told him to write the fine, then crumpled it up in his face, threw in on the floor of the car and told him I will see him in court. All this whilst taxis fly through red traffic lights on Louis Botha.

It's easy when you are a man, but it is common knowledge that these guys target the white females who travel alone because they are too **** scared to take on a man unless they hunt in a pack...

Having been on the receiving end of intimidation from the Metro thugs, here is an article from First for Women that every woman should read :

Ladies, know the law and your rights

Sat, 01/05/2010 - 11:41

Despite the majority of South Africa’s hardworking Metro Police officers having your safety as their first priority, a number of concerning incidents of intimidation and violence perpetrated against women in particular, have been brought to the public’s attention.

“Without being an alarmist, it makes good sense to take all precautions possible when out on the road,” says Robyn Farrell, managing director of 1st for Women Insurance Brokers.

1st for Women offers some tips to follow if stopped by Metro Police officers:

Firstly, never drive if you are over the drinking limit - not only is it dangerous, but it is unlikely that your take on events will be believed if you are drunk.

Stop if you are ordered to stop by the Metro Police.

Be calm and avoid aggressive behaviour

Notify a friend or family member that you have been stopped by a police officer and read them the registration numbers on the Metro Police car. These vehicles also have a number printed on the side of the car.

Make sure that the Metro Police officer hears you giving their details to who ever you are talking to.

Try recording the conversation you have with the Metro Police officer on your cellphone.

Should you be detained for whatever reason, keep detailed notes on everything that takes place - all the procedures followed, times, places you were taken or detained, length of time you were detained and, where possible, the names of the officials

“Motorists, and in particular women, should apply the same process if arrested in a road block for an outstanding traffic ticket,” says Farrell.

It is important to bear in mind that electronic warrants are accepted by the Criminal Procedure Act, which allows for a telegraphic or similarly written or printed communication from a magistrate or peace officer stating that a warrant has been issued.

Drivers should not resist - rather, pay the fine and sort out the legal matters at a later stage. Motorists do, however, have the right to ask for a copy of the warrant. If one is not provided, the arrest and subsequent detention is illegal, even if it turns out to be a valid warrant.

If arrested, you must be taken to the place stipulated in the warrant or a SAPS station, not a Metro Police station, as soon as possible after the arrest. Motorists cannot be held in a traffic vehicle, bus, office or similar place of detention while traffic officials carry on with other duties.

To meet the requirements of the constitution, the warrant also has to give adequate details of the reason for the arrest and stating when and where the offence occurred.

A motorist has the right to legal representation, a fair trial and also not to be compelled to make an admission. “A final point to remember is that if you are subjected to any abuse of your human rights, you will have a claim against the authorities,” concludes Farrell.

Michelle

I know you won't ever see this, but I need to vent somwhere!

My wife dropped me off at the airport yesterday. As she gets back on the R21 towards Pta, black, vetgat cop pulls her over. As the devil wanted it my wife did not have her licence with her as she was driving my car.

When fatass finds this out, het sets her up for a bribe - tunes her that the new action campaign aver the festive season is to lock people up who do not have their licences with them. And because she stays in Pta, she will have to go to Mamelodi. For 10 minutes, he tells her all the bad things that will happen to her.

Now, take note that my wife has never been pulled over by a cop! EVER! His tactic worked...

I had to stand at customs listening to my wife crying over the phone, scared like she has never been before!!!

YOU FARKING SOB!!!

Do you know the fear you created in her hart??? Do you even care???

Do you care that she is now scared off all black cops in JHB???

I bet you would care tonight - if I could have a chat with you in person...But you don't have the balls...You targeted her, because you knew!

F$ck you and the horse you rode in on!

702 had a big drive about this... maybe report it to them! They seem to ruffle a couple of feathers with regards to bribing cops!