[Event] GP Koning Waterproofing And Roofing Roller Coaster

Events Bot

Johan, I suggest you pop PPA and Eulogy an e-mail on this behaviour, cause we do not need cheats in our sport. Well done on your good position despite the good old Sram problem. Battled to get my chain on the big blade just as we started.

I did discuss it with Eulogy there and the others discussed it with her as well, I just find it highly irritating that people do this, rather accept defeat and give up, than being a cheat.

I wonder if you use Shimano chainrings if it will shift better?

Edited by MTB_Roadie

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reached 45 degrees at the finish.

Difficult ride in this heat but what a great event.

When we got home at 8h30, it was 30 deg already.

I'm not surprized, it certainly felt like an oven out there.

I rode the 58km with my 2 kids and we only started at 8am to finish just after 11am. It was their longest and by far toughest ride to date. The second time up Ou Kaaps really tested them thoroughly. I was very gratefull we were spared the southeaster.

It sure was a bold letter day for our family team.

Haha, I don't mind working, as long as everyone works ;)

My race report...told everyone the plan that I want to go up the end of Ou Kaaps...when we started climbing I moved myself into the middle....then before the last corner I noticed a few people going away so i followed, we put the hammer down after the last corner and went over, descended as fast as possible...we hit black hill...we all worked well together, when we got over black hill and noticed we havn't got caught I told them we can all work together and continue the break or I will sit up and wait....so we all worked together...caught loads of riders who just hatched on but we (4 of us) worked the front the whole time pushing ourself till over Smits....we did not relax, kept pedalling to maintain the break, over slangkop we went, leading in the front....I felt good....turned into the road going towards Ou Kaaps almost getting taken out by a TAXI WHO DID NOT OBEY THE MARSHALLS!!!......up Ou Kaaps we go...I started pulling a gap, ready for my attack....shift down in the front...whoo hoo! CHAINDROP....chain gets stuck in BB, got pushed a little by a other STAR in the break but had to stop....I almost had them till they went over the top while I was climbing...and saw they slowly were pulling a gap, could not descent fast enough and did not catch them...finished in 4th position.....but some STAR rider, number 845 took a shortcut and was infront of us but got caught by us front bunch ontop of Ou Kaaps, Hilton du Preez, you are a disgrace to any cycling sport and should immediately withdraw as I find your CHEATING unacceptable and dishonesty a lack of team spirit, how many other races did you cheat?

@ Lucky_Luke, congrats on your podium, and awesome meeting you :)

Did the stars cheater guy cross the timing mats?

Very disappointed that organisers had run out of water at the bottom of Ou Kaapse. We had to wait between 5-7 mins. for the 'bus' to arrive with water. My Garmin showed 42 deg. on Ou Kaapse.

Water supplies running out more often than not.

It is an essential service paid for by the funriders

Poor planning / organisation or just too much demand on these scorching days?

:mellow:

Thank you, volunteers and others providing a service, for doing what you can.

Please improve where you can. It is an issue of safety. :thumbup:

So I was riding with 2 other U16's coming down Ou Kaapse, pedaling at 130rpm, and then when we go past polsmoor another U16 comes past in the slip of a B rider.

So do I lodge a complaint, because the points I get now (bunch points) are to be shared by 4 people instead of 3?

What do you think?

I did discuss it with Eulogy there and the others discussed it with her as well, I just find it highly irritating that people do this, rather accept defeat and give up, than being a cheat.

I wonder if you use Shimano chainrings if it will shift better?

MTB_Roadie,

Please follow up and enquire what actions have been taken against the rider in question?

:excl:

So I was riding with 2 other U16's coming down Ou Kaapse, pedaling at 130rpm, and then when we go past polsmoor another U16 comes past in the slip of a B rider.

So do I lodge a complaint, because the points I get now (bunch points) are to be shared by 4 people instead of 3?

What do you think?

It is your right to lodge a complaint, Zac.A.

The question is where is the relevant evidence to support your complaint.

That makes it difficult for the authorities to engage.

Then again, I have not read the fine print of the rules & regulations.

Edited by ' Dale

Thanks, at 83kg I'm not really built to win these races. I do like my local events though.

...which makes a podium even more impressive.

Sharp going, Lucky Luke.

Home ground advantage where you probably know every pebble on those climbs.

Edited by ' Dale

Did the stars cheater guy cross the timing mats?

Well he was in the top 5 results so obviously he must have....

MTB_Roadie,

Please follow up and enquire what actions have been taken against the rider in question?

:excl:

I will be doing this tomorrow again ;)

Well he was in the top 5 results so obviously he must have....

I will be doing this tomorrow again ;)

This query will bring all his other performances into question if he features in the top 5 of other race results.

Does anyone know what the winning time was?

Results are up :thumbup:

Edited by splat

No medal at end

No water at end

Some stupid ticket handed our for lucky draw

No place to sit

some d$&s was shouting off cyclists from going on the field.

Generally not a proud event for organizers.

Hope they read the complaints and LEARN!

What do you think?

too late should've done it as soon as you crossed the line.

@ Lucky_Luke, congrats on your podium, and awesome meeting you :)

Thanks Johan, it sounds like your race played out very similarly to mine. Well done on your ride.

No medal at end

No water at end

Some stupid ticket handed our for lucky draw

No place to sit

some d$&s was shouting off cyclists from going on the field.

Generally not a proud event for organizers.

Hope they read the complaints and LEARN!

So you wrote a letter and handed it to the organizers?

They sure as hell wont be sitting on the hub the whole day to see who skinners what.