AARTO cycle laws

chris_w_65

146 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever break laws - please read PDF

• Yes, I am a law breaker
    • No, I am 100% law abiding
    • I never ride on the road, I don't even cross roads on my bike

This thread got me so upset about lawbreakers, I had to go into an empty office and smoke a huge spliff to calm myself.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am suprised that it is legal to carry a passenger on a bicycle.

I would even argue that you could carry two. We used to ride with a mate on the bars and another on the seat, rider standing on the pedals

Oops, I see the one on the bars may have been illegal

When he or she was riding a pedal

cycle on a public road, carried

thereon a person, animal or object

that obstructed his or her view or that

prevented him or her from exercising

complete control over the

movements of such pedal cycle

This thread got me so upset about lawbreakers, I had to go into an empty office and smoke a huge spliff to calm myself.

Puff puff pass damnit!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now you've done it, this will now turn towards the legality of smoking.... :angry:

I agree 100%. Some people however say that if you break any law you could become a murderer

Bin breaking laws for the last 30-odd years. Havent got around to murder yet, but these "some people" we're talking about are giving me ideas.

Now you've done it, this will now turn towards the legality of smoking.... :angry:

Smoking dube is ok :thumbup:

Smoking tik is not ok :thumbdown:

They are both illegal

Smoking cigarettes should be reserved for stupid people (ducks)

Edited by chris_w_65

Contrary to popular belief these are all old laws comming from the days when the NP still governed, why is everyone so amazed all of a sudden. Hell i remember being taught this stuff in Sub A when they taught me how to look left and right and left again before crossing a road.

Yip. AARTO doesn't introduce new traffic laws. It is a system for enforcing and administering the existing ones. The major new info here is what the specific guidelines on the fines for the various offences.

Yip. AARTO doesn't introduce new traffic laws. It is a system for enforcing and administering the existing ones. The major new info here is what the specific guidelines on the fines for the various offences.

And don't forget, they doubled all the fines so they can be ever so kind and save you 50% :thumbdown:

:lol: :lol:

Edited by chris_w_65

And don't forget, they doubled all the fines so they can be ever so kind and save you 50% :thumbdown:

:lol: :lol:

It's like a Verimark ad: "But wait, there's more! If you respond within 32 days you will receive not only these stylish and functional demerit points, but we will give them to you at half price. Act now before it's too late!"

It's like a Verimark ad: "But wait, there's more! If you respond within 32 days you will receive not only these stylish and functional demerit points, but we will give them to you at half price. Act now before it's too late!"

What bugs me is when they don't even notify you. They stop you at a road block and tell you about a fine for the first time, they threaten you with arrest so you have no choice but to pay. It turns out the fine was incorrectly issued and then you have to try and get it refunded. I have been waiting for over a month for news on 3 refunds.

I've got white reflective tape on my rear stays, and on the sides of my fork. Around the head tube and seatpost is yellow reflective tape. I've also got yellow reflective strips on the back of my pedals. Been like that for at least three years now.

All done in the sake of self preservation.

Getting myself some as well. Self-preservation is key.

What bugs me is when they don't even notify you. They stop you at a road block and tell you about a fine for the first time, they threaten you with arrest so you have no choice but to pay. It turns out the fine was incorrectly issued and then you have to try and get it refunded. I have been waiting for over a month for news on 3 refunds.

That is a bit of a nuisance, to put it lightly...

That is a bit of a nuisance, to put it lightly...

2 of them are fines I paid for my girlfriend. 74km/h and 76km/h - wait for it.... in an 80 zone. She travels this route at the same time every weekday and got these 2 fines a few days apart.