• Yes, I am a law breaker
    • No, I am 100% law abiding
    • I never ride on the road, I don't even cross roads on my bike

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 100%. Some people however say that if you break any law you could become a murderer

I love the saying "Locks keep honest men honest" and that is what laws are all about.

How's about we have some pics of the "Law abiding" bikes.....reflectors and all :thumbup:

long live Mavic SLR (the old ones) with reflective stickers.

edit: I am half legal!!!

Edited by 29pgc10

This thread got me so upset about lawbreakers, I had to go into an empty office and smoke a huge spliff to calm myself.

I just committed the crime of a lifetime, the road in our complex has a speed limit of 10 k's an hour and I ran on it at 15 k's an hour, what's even worse, I sometimes cycle on it at 30 k's an hour :o :o :eek: :whistling:

I just committed the crime of a lifetime, the road in our complex has a speed limit of 10 k's an hour and I ran on it at 15 k's an hour, what's even worse, I sometimes cycle on it at 30 k's an hour :o :o :eek: :whistling:

I wish I could still run at 10km/h. A few years ago I could walk at that speed

After only reading the first two pages realised I am a serial cycle law breaker.

Will go cycle on the trainer tonight as to not break any laws

It appears as if the hubbers who claim to never break laws are not currently logged on. If they were I am sure the second option would have votes by now.

Sorry man I was busy today as I am on leave :blush:

It is now sorted, as Dangle will confirm I am sure, I do NOT break any laws statutory or those 'created' by the 'ubbers, fashion or otherwise :angry:

Sorry man I was busy today as I am on leave :blush:

It is now sorted, as Dangle will confirm I am sure, I do NOT break any laws statutory or those 'created' by the 'ubbers, fashion or otherwise :angry:

Please post pictures of all 3 categories of reflectors as required by law plus bell :unsure:

Thanks.

Please post pictures of all 3 categories of reflectors as required by law plus bell :unsure:

Thanks.

OK as soon as I fit the free bell I got at 24hour and find some reflectors ;)

I did a naked lap the 24 hour once with a Knog light dangling of my tot-hier, does that count as law abiding ?

Anything below 2.5cm's does not fall within the ambit of the law so you're safe :lol:

• 2 months later...

5084 Reg. 308(5) Operated a pedal cycle on

a public sidewalk

Operated a pedal cycle on a the

sidewalk of a public road

Reg. 308(5) of the Nat. Road Traffic

Regulations 2000 G.G. 20963 of

17/3/2000 & Sect. 69(1), 73, 89(1) &

89(6) of Act 93 of 1996

Drove a pedal cycle

upon a sidewalk

Thanks for this one - It'll help next time some Jahoo tells me to get off his road :)

5084 Reg. 308(5) Operated a pedal cycle on

a public sidewalk

Operated a pedal cycle on a the

sidewalk of a public road

you telling me they fine you a R50 for riding on a sidewalk>>?

then i break it all the time ... define 'sidewalk' ... there's remnants of a cycle path that i use on my commute ... if you look closely, you'll see the stripes that separated the lanes. nowadays people walk on it; would that make it a sidewalk, then?

i guess it's still cheaper to pay the R50 fine than to end up in hosptial, ssme as when i look in my rear-view mirror first before stopping at an orange light ... the R1000 fine is cheaper than damage if taxi behind me crash into me

who stock bells?

rc used to stock a whole range of them, nothing now - that's why i still ride with a dented one :(

and 2 years ago when i piloted a blind tandem for argus, we searched all over for a bell (to use as signal for mor power now, or back down) - nothing at cycleshops 2 weeks before argus, and at the whole expo, not one bell for sale.