AARTO cycle laws

chris_w_65

146 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever break laws - please read PDF

• Yes, I am a law breaker
    • No, I am 100% law abiding
    • I never ride on the road, I don't even cross roads on my bike

Okay, just scanned through…but didn't see anything about riding under the influence :unsure:

Is a bicycle a vehicle?

Operated on a public road a vehicle while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or a drug having a narcotic effect

Operated on a public road a vehicle whilst the concentration of alcohol in any specimen of blood taken from any part of his or her body was not less than 0,05 gram per 100 millilitres

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a general rule that requires no driver operate a vehicle under the influence, whether tin can or pedal cycle.

Cool, thanks :thumbup:

Guest agteros

Bunnyhop over :)

technically that will be an offence. only way to get past this one, is to dismount and push the bike from the one fence across to the other...

Well according to this PDF I am breaking the law , probably everytime I get on my bike. But , do I drive or ride in such a manner that I set my or others lifes in danger, NO? so if anyone doesn't like my riding or driving.. tough!

Nice one Chris

Let's see if any Hubbers start clocking up R50 (discounted) fines. I think a 2hr ride could get expensive.

I have to go home now to fit some reflective material to my pedal arms.

:)

Bunnyhop over :)

Reg. 311(8)

Rode a pedal cycle in such

a manner that all the

wheels of such pedal cycle

were not in contact with the

surface of the road at all

times

And please take note, it is illegal to stand and pedal

Failed to be seated astride

on the saddle of a pedal

cycle when he or she was

riding a pedal cycle

Yep, according to this I am breaking the law when I lift both arms off the bike. Which I have done before.

I also do not have reflectors on the rear or front of the bike or on the pedals themselves, rather employing lights & a NATHAN reflective vest/arm-warmers/reflective clothing at such times that I would consider myself not to be visible by other road users. Nor do I have a noise-making device other than myself. However, I consider my voice to be far superior to anything that a bell / horn could accomplish insofar as volume & directionality is concerned.

I wear the NATHAN if I am to ride at any time that vision could be considered as being impaired. I wear reflective items all the time.

So yes, I have broken the law on these accounts.