Oncoming Traffic

Bennie Dikwiel

There was anumber of occupants in the taxi and yes there were some abrasions to be seen on the 2 "skinny racing snakes" cyclists. This was about 10 years ago so the police where not very sympathetic towrds the taxi occupants.

What happened to there bikes?

Use spark plugs - mmmm another interesting concept considering that porcelain breaks glass with considerable ease. Used by you local smash and grabber at your nearest robot.

After packing all this junk do you guys actually have space in your pockets for food?

That fact I know and have seen first hand as well...

How do you eat on the bike... I can hardly drink on the bike...

Best is to let the person pass by and let it be. A cop drove me of the road few years back and the station commander did nothing to the guy...

What happened to there bikes?

Taxi driver was kind enough to load them up as well.

The guys got off very lightly as the taxi driver was determined that they should be punished by the law.

Or if you are very fast and a male, take it out and do a wizz... Oh and if the window is open a bit of spit will always do the trick! They can't always stop and try to catch you... Wait a bit... Didn't we have a tread on this a year or so back? I think Johan Borman posted a small knife one could get... Think it was called a cabbage knife?

WWJD?

the way, a better way would be you can act as a traffic controller observer. so what you do is take down the registration number and incident. Report it to Arrive Alive. They then go and issues warnings to repeat offenders. Not sure if Metro uses it.

Again this morning on the Seaview road between Kini Bay and Bushy park I had an oncoming car overtaken by another car heading for a head-on with me. From now on I ride with a few windscreen unfriendly fishing sinkers in my saddle bag. :angry:

Maybe you werent here for when R2D2 threw his water bottle at the funeral taxi in a similar situation, that ended very badly for him and his friend.

Helluva scary, in fact.

That fact I know and have seen first hand as well...

How do you eat on the bike... I can hardly drink on the bike...

Best is to let the person pass by and let it be. A cop drove me of the road few years back and the station commander did nothing to the guy...

WWJD?

Papp Bear read the post I did last....

Oh I am so sorry that thou art thy perfect peoples around. That thou have no evil thought in thy head oh my fellow sportsman

Throwing your water bottle is NOT a good trick - I tried it once and ended up with some stitches and bruises around the head plus some damage to my bike as did the they guy riding with me. I was going to say the "innocent" guy riding with me but then remembered the incident in the back of the van involving tie downs etc etc.

Throwing your water bottle is NOT a good trick - I tried it once and ended up with some stitches and bruises around the head plus some damage to my bike as did the they guy riding with me. I was going to say the "innocent" guy riding with me but then remembered the incident in the back of the van involving tie downs etc etc.

This thread is useless without the complete story and PICTURES

What do you mean you never took any pictures??

• 1 year later...

Had another incident on early morning Boxing day near Schoenmakerskop, Port Elizabeth. The backseat passenger of an oncoming car deliberately smashed a bottle on the road just in front of me so that the broken glass could spray me. Fortunately I had sunglasses on and only suffered a very small cut on my leg. I have not been back on the road since, and will only be back from 16th Jan when hopefully some sanity returns to our roads.

the way, a better way would be you can act as a traffic controller observer. so what you do is take down the registration number and incident. Report it to Arrive Alive. They then go and issues warnings to repeat offenders. Not sure if Metro uses it.

I tried this but think this is a dead duck. Tried to register but nothing happened. No response. ZIP.

Normally when I car is comming head on, the only real thing you can do is save your ass first. No time to go digging in your pockets for an object to throw. However I have had an incident a few years ago in Phalaborwa. Was cycling on the back roads and was about to take my first sip of water from my only bottle I had on me when a looked infront of me, I noticed a car overtaking another on a blind rise and was comming straight towards me. There was simply no time to put the bottle back. I had to go bundu bashing asap to get out of the way. I flipped the bottle in the air behind me aiming for the oncomming cars windshield as I left the road. I missed the window but his side mirror hit bottle. One heck of a noise. His mirror disintegrated. He stopped to turn around and I waited for him. He did not come to talk to me. He was looking for what was left of his mirror (which there was nothing off). I asked him what happened to the standard procedure of waiting for oncomming traffic before passing another. His response was but the road is wide enough. I just said that if the road was wide enough, where is your mirror then. No answer, he just drove off. I think in this instance the message might have gotten through to him. However it could have turned for the worst.

Oh I am so sorry that thou art thy perfect peoples around. That thou have no evil thought in thy head oh my fellow sportsman

:unsure: Strange chap.

If you are going to do Shakespeare, then speak English ! <_<