Personal attacks and a review of the Forum Rules

Matt

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a quote from one of the wisest of our time is in order at this point:

“If we are going on like this, why don’t we go to the nearest ballet shop, get some tutus and get a dancing shop going?

20 points if you can identify the character with the profound wisdom behind this quote.... :P

Scotty, the name calling has now gone too far! That is just too much! :lol: :P

Well done, next week I'll try and get something more challenging...

Personal attacks occur due to one reason and one reason only in my opinion - the interwebby phenomenon called "non consequential anonymity equalisation".

Non consequential because there are zero consequences to whatever you say.

Anonymity is self explanatory.

Equalisation because physical size plays no part as it normally does in society so some over compensation occurs.

It would be quite interesting to get the same people discussing the same issues in a room together - way more civilised methinks. The very forum that makes these discussions possible ruins them.

I have definitely played my part in ruining a few.

Personal attacks occur due to one reason and one reason only in my opinion - the interwebby phenomenon called "non consequential anonymity equalisation".

Equalisation because physical size plays no part as it normally does in society so some over compensation occurs.

It would be quite interesting to get the same people discussing the same issues in a room together - way more civilised methinks. The very forum that makes these discussions possible ruins them.

Spot on Eldron,

sometimes referred to as masking!

Fortunately I have the brains to understand what you are writing but you just made me go through a red traffic light

Did the thread 'The Hub' get deleted last night?

The Hub was started by me. Looked this morning it has been locked by Admin. Thread was hi jacked alittle and there was abit of mudslinging going on. Admin will unlock once he has removed the offending comments.

Edited by Steven69

The Hub was started by me. Looked this morning it has been locked by Admin. Thread was hi jacked alittle and there was abit of mudslinging going on. Admin will unlock once he has removed the offending comments.

The last time I looked hi- jacking was not listed under general rules. Mudslinging..... Well on this post I claim innocence, read a again... I was slung. It is good that the offending comment made by others will be removed.

Edited by Big H

The last time I looked hi- jacking was not listed under general rules. Mudslinging..... Well on this post I claim innocence, read a again... I was slung. It is good that the offending comment made by others will be removed.

Hi-jacking is a general rule in most forums and is not explicitly listed, but it should and will be.

If a thread naturally deviates in another direction no problem, but many will 'interrupt' the flow of the discussion to ask personal questions e.g. "Hey ____, how's that new bike of yours?" / or have a personal debate which should be done via PM or if need be in a separate thread.