Morewood Zula Setup

Chubba

Hi All

Happy new year!

Are there any specific items i would need to look at getting for a morewood zula build. Currently have a specialized stumpjumper that i will harvest parts from. But does the zula require any specific parts?

I am also looking to replace my wheelset, currently tubeless mavic crosstrail. Don't really have budget for this but what could you recommend - factory or custom tubeless set? I weigh in at 88kgs. Frame is white/red.

Thanks

Did the same from a Scott. Only needed a new headset and FD.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want a damm goos set of wheels contact Shamus his comp is called bicicletta - they have the Ritchey WCS alloy for under 3k - well worth it

He also rides a Morewood so you can get all the needed info from him.

Happy trails mate!

Cannot help you wrt to cross transfering parts input.

BUT one thing that irritates me on my Zula is the hose / cable guide clamp at the top of the down tube (closest to the head tube). It’s a clamp held in place with a small allen bolt and has 3 seperate recesses for the rear brake hose, FD and RD cables. The one side has 2 recesses and whichever hose / cable goes in the outer recess does get clamped properly and keeps popping out.

I’m not sure if you will have this problem but it might be necessary to look for a better clamp/ guide.

Oh yes and also the little cable / hose clips on the bottom of the chain stays also suck or rather fall off...

Not sure if there are better options, other than tyraps??

Cannot help you wrt to cross transfering parts input.

BUT one thing that irritates me on my Zula is the hose / cable guide clamp at the top of the down tube (closest to the head tube). It’s a clamp held in place with a small allen bolt and has 3 seperate recesses for the rear brake hose, FD and RD cables. The one side has 2 recesses and whichever hose / cable goes in the outer recess does get clamped properly and keeps popping out.

I’m not sure if you will have this problem but it might be necessary to look for a better clamp/ guide.

Oh yes and also the little cable / hose clips on the bottom of the chain stays also suck or rather fall off...

Not sure if there are better options, other than tyraps??

Just put a cable tie around the three cables (2cables and one house) and there you go. Works for me, mine does not pop out but I did it anyway incase.

Just put a cable tie around the three cables (2cables and one house) and there you go. Works for me, mine does not pop out but I did it anyway incase.

Thanks Koukie - I also did that but only around the 2 cables.

Problem with the tyrap fix is it detracts from the zula's mighty fine looks and have to be carefull that the typrap does not chaffe the frame / paint.

So i got my new frame and its been built over, the only changes are new skewers, hope clamp, braided break lines and red gear lines.

Went for a quick ride now and it feels great, will give some feedback after my ride in Tokai hopefully this afternoon. Weight is 12.5kg, not light but lighter them my stumpy.

post-12790-0-57522300-1294306975.jpg

What time you thinking?

was thinking the morning sometime, earlier the better given the heat and all

Anytime from 7?

was thinking the morning sometime, earlier the better given the heat and all

Anytime from 7?

Cool, ill let you know. Promised the wife id walk up lions head with her tom morn, will double check if shes still keen.

Its a sweatsafe ID in case of any accidentals! Has my membership number and a phone number for all my (and family) details.

https://www.sweatsafe.co.za/Page.php?pageID=20

Just a suggestion… it would be better to wear it while you ride. I mean, it'd be okay if you had an accident and your riding partners knew where it was, but, god forbid, you should be injured in a hijacking and can't speak for yourself.

Just a suggestion… it would be better to wear it while you ride. I mean, it'd be okay if you had an accident and your riding partners knew where it was, but, god forbid, you should be injured in a hijacking and can't speak for yourself.

Good point, also peps might not look for it on or be able to access the bike (i.e. if its under the lorry)

Can't argue with that, i should wear it. Had 2 but lost the one.

Lekker, looks brand new!

Sho, The scale at my LBS must be broken because If thats 12.4kg then mine bust be a bit lighter, Surely no offence chubba, I meen It looks like youve got a lekker comfortable build with parts that are quality and good compromise between light and strenth, Ive just replaced most of my stuff the last year to get lighter and I dont have much heavy on there anymore but the scale at action cycles still reads 12.2kg :huh:

Lets see what happenes after I put on the XTR..

lekker bike though, sorry for unintensional hi jack..

SwissVan, I hathe the cableguides aswell and find that the mud and grit gets in there bigtime. and then grinds the downtube when the cables move, because they do.