11 ure Attakwas

skollie

Is opsoek na "split times" vir die Attakwas van iemand wat dit in so 11ure gery het? Is my eerste Atta en wil dit maar "rustig" vat , is net bang ek los myself met 'n 20km sprint om die afsnytyd te maak!!

Nog nooit attakwas gedoen nie, ek ek kan glad nie praat nie, maar soos ek verstaan is dit hierdie jaar 12km korter, dus 124km, so 11 ure behoort meer haalbaar te wees as ander jare. Bevestig dit dalk net.

Nog nooit attakwas gedoen nie, ek ek kan glad nie praat nie, maar soos ek verstaan is dit hierdie jaar 12km korter, dus 124km, so 11 ure behoort meer haalbaar te wees as ander jare. Bevestig dit dalk net.

Hoop hulle het die 12km aan die einde uitgehaal :lol:

Hierdie jaar is die cut-off 11h, so moenie jou limit daar stel nie. Ek het verlede jaar geleer jy moenie dink dis genoeg tyd nie, THINGS can go WRONG!!!!

Flatbox from the start until you get tired...... and then you just hang in there..... that way the end (death or glory) comes sooner!!

Flatbox from the start until you get tired...... and then you just hang in there..... that way the end (death or glory) comes sooner!!

Great, great advice :thumbup: :lol:

I like that - I never plan to do it as such, but it always feel that way! Thank goodness it's always been glory (finish in any condition) up to now.

That sounds like good but painful advice!!

Ok then what % of your total time should it take you to reach the king of the mountain point?

Is opsoek na "split times" vir die Attakwas van iemand wat dit in so 11ure gery het? Is my eerste Atta en wil dit maar "rustig" vat , is net bang ek los myself met 'n 20km sprint om die afsnytyd te maak!!

Kyk of jy hier iets kan kry: http://connect.garmin.com/explore#activityType=all&eventType=all&activitySummarySumDistance-unit=kilometer&activitySummarySumDuration-unit=hour&activitySummaryGainElevation-unit=meter&location=oudtshoorn%2C%20south%20africa&keyword=mountain%20biking&sortField=relevance&currentPage=3

That sounds like good but painful advice!!

Ok then what % of your total time should it take you to reach the king of the mountain point?

Skollie, if you do that I will personally klap you against the kop :lol: (yes I am beeeg very beeeeg, weigh 150 kilo's and have no teeth with a mullet that will make Yolandi Visser look like a rat, and yes I was the original grootbaas in Vyfster, so your warning has been handed to you :lol: )

All jokes aside.

Just ride within your limits, use your heart monitor if you have one and set your zones and listen to that alarm.

Don't faff around on the course, don't waste any time you don't need to waste, don't faff around at the water tables, fill up, eat , lube and get going as soon as you can.

Nathrix I am flattered , if I can do that, I will be happy.

How can you be so confident in that time, reason for asking you know the race :blush:

How can you be so confident in that time, reason for asking you know the race :blush:

I'm aiming for 10 hours and i know for a fact you will finish at least two hours (the extra 20 minutes is pure speculation) ahead of me :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Skollie, if you do that I will personally klap you against the kop :lol: (yes I am beeeg very beeeeg, weigh 150 kilo's and have no teeth with a mullet that will make Yolandi Visser look like a rat, and yes I was the original grootbaas in Vyfster, so your warning has been handed to you :lol: )

All jokes aside.

Just ride within your limits, use your heart monitor if you have one and set your zones and listen to that alarm.

Don't faff around on the course, don't waste any time you don't need to waste, don't faff around at the water tables, fill up, eat , lube and get going as soon as you can.

Hi Dangle saw you at the start, youre a skinny race snake that couldnt klap me even if theres 2 of you :lol: : Thanx for the advice, keeping it calm from the start realy saved me from omval that last few hills. Congrats on your super ride!

Hi Dangle saw you at the start, youre a skinny race snake that couldnt klap me even if theres 2 of you :lol: : Thanx for the advice, keeping it calm from the start realy saved me from omval that last few hills. Congrats on your super ride!

You clearly haven't seen his legs...if he kick start a scooter the engine will cease!