Tubelss tires not running "true"

Guest coenie

I say again "BIG BABY"

......BTW I do not have to contribute to notice you are one!!!!!!!!

Edited by Big H

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAAAH :lol: :lol: :lol:

BORNMAN !!! OPBAFOK :angry: STAANOP! :cursing: Links Regs Links Regs Links Regs HARLOOOOOP! :cursing:

STOOT EEENHONEERD! :cursing: STOOT! Se DIT! Contis is perfec!Contis is perfec!Contis is perfec!Contis is perfec! EKE HOOR JY NIE! :angry: SE DIT! SE DIT

Stop. Asseblief. Ek kannie meer nie korporaal!

It always amazes me how shops try to pass the buck like this.

What utter rubbish.

I've had this exact same issue with Conti Mntn Kings and WTB rims before. It has nothing to do with the tyre being defective. Bornman, there is a thing called quality control at factories, and I can assure you the Conti's are made with maximum care. We're talking top of the line, hand made UST spec'd tyres here..

Speaking of utter rubish............ <_<

Where the hell would you find HAND MADE Conti tyres???

Edited by Regard

I say again [b]"BIG BABY"[/b]

......BTW I do not have to contribute to notice you are one!!!!!!!!

Does the tyre hang on the rim or does the rim stand on the tyre?

*retires to make microwave popcorn*

• 2 weeks later...

I found the problem and Johan was 100% correct.

I put the wheel in a jig so I could track the tread down to a .1mm then I marked the sidewall where the tread was going left or right.

I took the tyre off and started looking at the bead to see if I could see any reason for it now seating properly....and there it was....on the bead right at EVERY mark I noticed a little bobble of rubber on the bead...and funny enough it is also where th tyre seems to have been folded.

So I then took the drill with a grinding bit(those stone things) and started to carefully work away those little "humps" trying to get the bead to look the same at that sport than next to it.

I did this on both sides of the tyre and put it back...the wheel seated without any water or baby oil and now it is runnig 99% straight...I must have missed one of those bobbles......

• 1 year later...

WHY is it such a mission to change a tubeless tyre!!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

I fitted a new Conti Race King to the front (already got one at the back). Removed the old tyre, took some of the hardened Stan's sealant off the rim, fitted the new tire, poured two cups of new Stan's sealant & inflated. For the past 6 days every morning when I check on the tyre it is flat!!! I have also done two rides with it, only to return home earlier due to the tire going flat.

Last night I inflated it above 2.2 and heard a pop sound, thought it is now seated correctly on the rim and also checked in a tub of water for any leaks.... FOUND NONE!

This morning I was greeted with another flat :cursing: !!!!!!!!!!

I'm taking it in to my LBS this morning - what do you do when you are in a stage race or in a race?? :eek:

WHY is it such a mission to change a tubeless tyre!!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

I fitted a new Conti Race King to the front (already got one at the back). Removed the old tyre, took some of the hardened Stan's sealant off the rim, fitted the new tire, poured two cups of new Stan's sealant & inflated. For the past 6 days every morning when I check on the tyre it is flat!!! I have also done two rides with it, only to return home earlier due to the tire going flat.

Last night I inflated it above 2.2 and heard a pop sound, thought it is now seated correctly on the rim and also checked in a tub of water for any leaks.... FOUND NONE!

This morning I was greeted with another flat :cursing: !!!!!!!!!!

I'm taking it in to my LBS this morning - what do you do when you are in a stage race or in a race?? :eek:

What are you using to inflate the tyre? I used a foot pump and when up first time, its best to use a compressor. I think I may have just been lucky. It was a Race King Foldable

What are you using to inflate the tyre? I used a foot pump and when up first time, its best to use a compressor. I think I may have just been lucky. It was a Race King Foldable

I use a CO2 bomb to inflate - tyre was also a Race King Foldable. What I don't understand, what do the guys at the bike shops do differently??

Edited by FuelEX

I use a CO2 bomb to inflate - tyre was also a Race King Foldable. What I don't understand, what do the guys at the bike shops do differently??

They use a compressor to infalte it, you need to put it up to almost the recommend pressure on the tyre itself. When I did it I overinflated it a hell of lot, compared to 2.2bar, almost like 3.5bar, spun it a few times, shook it about. Don't just leave it overnight, check it out after a half an hour and keep inflating it, use a bomb to get the initial seating done, they inflate more with a foot/hand pump.

I am having the same problem with tires not seating properly. I had the tires on an old ghetto tubeless wheel set and they ran perfectly true. Now I have moved them onto a Stan's conversion wheel set and my tires are no where near seated straight.

Why would they sit straight on one wheel set and not on another?

I was told by my lbs to over inflate new tubeless tyres for a few days say the can seat properly and also take their proper form!

Worked for me on 2 occasions now.

Is there anyone else with this problem? Or maybe I am doint something wrong

I have Mavic Crossmax wheels UST...and I have tried to fit Monorail and crosmark tires and for the life of me can not get either to run "true" the tire seems to wobble and not my rim is 100% true

I have tried soap, lots of it...even rubbing baby oil on the bead and the rim and then gave it GAS at the garage pumps and nope...then I mark the wobble with chalk and take the tire of and try again ....now it wobbles at another part.

I never had this problem with my getto tubeless(well at first but that was the linning)

Any suggestion please or is that Maxxis tires...a friend of mine told him that his LBS said the tires are not made "true" and there is nothing you can do( I thought the tires are made in a machine?)He was using...Continental Mountain king and race king.

ANY ideas PLEASE.

wen you fit them, inflate it to 65 - 70psi and leave it like that overnite

they will be fine the next day

Might be the CO2, try using a pump. Each time I use a bomb to fix a flat, I make sure I deflate the tire when I get home and pump it up with air otherwise it deflates. Its slow though and doesnt deflate completely overnight.

Anyone know why this happens?

wen you fit them, inflate it to 65 - 70psi and leave it like that overnite

they will be fine the next day

Except for the one time when I left my hard but not overinflated freshly mounted (UST Nevegal on UST rims) tyre in the back of my bakkie in the sun....BOOOOM!!!!

Bead ruined tyre stuffed game over start again.

Might be the CO2, try using a pump. Each time I use a bomb to fix a flat, I make sure I deflate the tire when I get home and pump it up with air otherwise it deflates. Its slow though and doesnt deflate completely overnight.

Anyone know why this happens?

The hand/foot pump get's me nowhere - air escaping from the loose tyre. The CO2 bomb pops it up quickly, the rest of inflation is normal air by hand pump.

LBS had to redo the rim strips + they mixed some blue stuff with the stan's to make it seal properly. I was instructed to take it for a ride this afternoon...... what a mission...

Edited by FuelEX