Power balance scam? (news24 article)

brad890

I would say those that pray like this might have missed the point.

Jesus said, this is the way you should pray:

Our Father in heaven,

hallowed be your name,

your kingdom come,

your will be done

on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us today our daily bread,

and forgive us the wrong we have done

as we forgive those who wrong us.

Subject us not to the trial

but deliver us from the evil one.

Rub-a-dub-dub, thanks for the grub?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant! Thats all that can be said about a thread on powerband leading to a religious debate. :clap:

Oh and by the way my Adam was first born!

Edited by Chubba

jeepers the whole thread went to the dogs....

one thing ive learnt, if you want to follow God, good, if you dont then you dont.

its simple.(everyone is entitled an opinion and choice).

its the embarassing stuff religion (all of them) brings to the table that splits everything apart.

anyhoo hope this things doesnt get uglier than it already has.

Which is exactly why Ghandi (a non Christian) said "Follow CHRIST and not CHRISTIANS"

Which is exactly why Ghandi (a non Christian) said "Follow CHRIST and not CHRISTIANS"

Good advice because the majority of them are going to hell, especially if you Catholic.

I fear that I must wade into this fray! Yet I thank you all, believers or non, that we are no longer on the subject of silicone bracelets.

Stratus. I am not sure if you are an atheist, agnostic or nonreligious. My indescision based on your ramblings.

Many religious attrocities have been committed 'in the NAME of God'. This in no way implies that the one in whose name the attrocities were/are committed was complicit in these attrocities. As men we tend to use many excuses for our evil and worthless actions, the main tendency being to blame it on others.

Hitler USED religion and the name of GOD to his own ends. He did not just persecute the Jews (because they were wealthy and non-arryan) but largely because they believed in God. He persecuted Gypsies because of their hereditary bloodlines. Gays because - well because he didn't like gays and Jehovah's Witnesses because they refused to relinquish their beliefs, bow to any man or denounce their GOD. The religions that he used could just as easily stood up for their FAITH, if they had such FAITH.

The GOD of the Bible judged many nations, who worship false gods to the extent that they sacrificed their Children to same. He used his chosen nation at the time, as well as biblical prophets to judge these nations for their evil ways.

The children you refer to who mocked Elisha are only 'children' if you read common english translations of the bible.

The Greek word kraton as it is applied here means 'youths' - somewhat different I am sure you will agree. Youths can well be teenagers, 16,18 almost adult, and act in a way no different from their parents. Even today a youth can be held accountable by law, yet a child can not.

As you have 'read' the bible (bearing in mind the difference between read and study) please post scriptures relating to the bas(h)ing heads against rocks, and marrying raped women. Answers will then follow to refute your misunderstanding.

As to your last comment about Jehovah's Witnesses, it is apparent that you have neither talked to them or studied their beliefs.

They do not think they are going to heaven. They would have to be dead if they were. Those they believe are going, can be either male or female.

They are not Jewish.

I can hardly wait until you start on the Muslim faith.

If you are going to spout, then get your facts straight before you do.

Killing 42 "youths" for laughing at a bald "prophet" is OK? Shapiro is in the dwang.

"If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives. (From the NIV Bible, Deuteronomy 22:28)"...

Its different if she was married to somebody else. Then it all depends on whether a witness heard her cry out or not. If she was not heard to cry out then it was deemed consensual and they were both stoned to death. An unmarried girl has no op out clauses. This is a great way to meet girls.

Psalm 137 ... which starts with "By the rivers of Babylon ..etc has a last verse which goes something like this depending on the exact translation ...

"O Babylon, you devastator,

Happy shall they be who pay

you back

what you have done to us!

Happy shall be they who take

your little ones

and dash them against the rock!"

For Jehovah's witnesses ...

The exactly 144,000, who will rule with Jesus as kings and priests over earth are male, Jewish, already dead and must be virgins. No women! The rest hope to live forever in an earthly paradise (male and female) after the millennium judgment.

Heaven is correct for the 144 000, earthly paradise for the rest is not far off.

Muslims ... There is a funny story, that the 72 virgins was mistranslated, its supposed to be "sweet white grapes"

My facts are pretty straight ... I see thing as they are written. Hardly a spout?

but you still havent solved the riddle of why the frikken heck Moses took damn mosquitoes onto the ark!

Where those from?

Sorry went off site for a while. I am able to get them through a friend of mine who is one of the distributors. I think they were in the region of about R150 when I bought mine. You get the band (available in different sizes) and a key ring tag. Details of how they work are on the website.

If you want more info PM me and we can chat.

Good advice because the majority of them are going to hell, especially if you Catholic.

You actually were doing allright up 'til this point........

Now all you are doing; by using this statement; is showing how ignorant you actually are. As ignorant, as the Christians you are so quick to damn.

Knob.

Did God/Jesus promise you personally that there would be no suffering on earth?

No, but my brother died before he was three days old, and my cousin died very slowly (with more than enough suffering to keep God happy) of leukemia before he reached 5.

If God knows your life, i.e when you are born and when you die, then you have no free will. If God knows you are going to die as an aborted baby, then this was His plan and there is nothing you can do about it. I.e. He supports abortion.

If you are going to die up Maritime hill on Sunday of a heart attack, then you cannot choose not to do the Cape Cobra, because that is the PLAN! You may make no decision that God has not already decided upon. I.e no free will. Sad.

Muslims ... There is a funny story, that the 72 virgins was mistranslated, its supposed to be "sweet white grapes"

Imagine what a disappointment, when they get to heaven and realize it did refer to 72 virgins, but male virgins! :D :D

Edited by Ashchest

It seems all knowledge on powerbands and religion (or lack thereof available on the hub has been exhausted... :blink:

Oh well, too much popcorn is also not good :thumbup:

but it still does not answer why men have nipples .....

cause all foetuses start of as female... Males are simply failed females...

One of my favourite passages in the Bible explaining man's condition and position in relation to God.

Romans 9 :

19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

22 What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23 What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory— 24 even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles? 25 As he says in Hosea:

“I will call them ‘my people’ who are not my people;

and I will call her ‘my loved one’ who is not my loved one,”

We live in a church era where the wrath of God and he's hate towards sin is not recognized. All this only focus on "a loving God" puts forward a incorrect image of the God of Israel. Man still thinks that he has some right to live and that there is some righteousness left in his heart.

All people deserve to die! We have no idea as to our shortcomings and the level of condemnation we deserve! God hates sin! He hates sinners. The question should not be "why does God kill innocent babies?" but it should be "why does God save sinners?"

i mailed power balance both SA and AU and want a full refund

I'm drafting a mail to the Bishop of the last church I went to.

You are so, so wrong!

An "n" and and "l" are often confused in Arabic.

It's 72 "Virgils"... all of them from Alabama! Yeeee...hah!!