Legalise Doping

splat

I don't believe in the idea of boredom... there is always something happening if one looks closer.

But ol' Floyd is starting to bore me. [yawn-yawn] <_<

I may get shot down for this , but what a load of crap! by making drugs legal what we will be doing is seeing which pharmaceutical company is best , it will have nothing to do with the athletes anymore. also the only way my son will be competitive is to be on the same drugs as "little johnny" and i will not be the parent to give him the drugs so end up having my kid drop out of racing/cycling as he cant be competitive and more ( lack of motivation to ride ) . anyone with kids will get my point we will be killing the growth of the sport .

Still would lo\ove to see a guy running the 100m in under 9 secs, it would make for good TV, even if the chap has a heart attck at the finished line. Great entertainment i say.

Its time to actually just let these dopers/cheats do what they want. As many posts above say the rich guys/teams/clubs are doing it anyway so why dont they just legalise dope and if any athlete is dumb anough to dabble then fine. at least the playing field is evened out. What will happen is after a couple of years many pro and amatuers will start dying and logic will overcome this madness to perform. Im afraid this will never stop and dopers will always be ahead of testers. Only way to go fwd is to step back and let people do what they want.

Is this fair....no...is this realistic yes. The athletes that dont dope will probably not be able to compete but lets be honest most sports excluding cycling, doping can only get you so far you still need talent to play soccer/cricket/tennis/golf etc The roids would do more damage than good. Other sports like cycling they all do it anyway so let em do it. Cant see any other way around this issue.

anyone with kids will get my point we will be killing the growth of the sport .

yep I totally agree, it would change the nature of sport as a healthy pursuit. Everybody would have to accept that at some point in an athlete's career they'd have to start doing long term damage to themselves to remain competitive.

Athletes would become gladiators with short lifespans, not healthy role models. Some have already gone this way.. I guess things are in flux at the moment.

Still would lo\ove to see a guy running the 100m in under 9 secs, it would make for good TV, even if the chap has a heart attck at the finished line. Great entertainment i say.

Its time to actually just let these dopers/cheats do what they want. As many posts above say the rich guys/teams/clubs are doing it anyway so why dont they just legalise dope and if any athlete is dumb anough to dabble then fine. at least the playing field is evened out. What will happen is after a couple of years many pro and amatuers will start dying and logic will overcome this madness to perform. Im afraid this will never stop and dopers will always be ahead of testers. Only way to go fwd is to step back and let people do what they want.

Is this fair....no...is this realistic yes. The athletes that dont dope will probably not be able to compete but lets be honest most sports excluding cycling, doping can only get you so far you still need talent to play soccer/cricket/tennis/golf etc The roids would do more damage than good. Other sports like cycling they all do it anyway so let em do it. Cant see any other way around this issue.

Dont take this personally but what you say makes some sense except that it will not be a even playing field the rich will win the poor ( talented or not)will stop . it wont be positive growth for the sport.

i agree legalise drugs in al sport, cycling, olimpics, rugby , golf.. etc..

the guy who can use the most drugs without dieing wins...

that 100m sprint final would be exellent entertanment...! :thumbup:

b.t.w - how discriminating is that - the guys with money can buy drugs whilst the guys without the money must get along with their own strength? LOL

That is exactly how it is at the moment.

3 options Humans:

1. Allow doping at Pro level only.

2. Ban doping, increase the punishment to life time all sports related vocation ban.

3. Ban doping, continue with existing disneyland system which does not effectively deter dopers.

3 options Humans:

1. Allow doping at Pro level only.

2. Ban doping, increase the punishment to life time all sports related vocation ban.

3. Ban doping, continue with existing disneyland system which does not effectively deter dopers.

Option 2 !

Its all ( and the end of positive sport growth ) or None ( and the cheaters must go )

Option 2 !

Its all ( and the end of positive sport growth ) or None ( and the cheaters must go )

Westernized Humans are to soft to adopt option 2

You want to stop doping - make it a criminal offence and send the guys to jail - long term like 10 years and see how quick the **** stops. At the moment there are just no real consequences and the rewards far outweigh the risk of getting caught.

Westernized Humans are to soft to adopt option 2

You right ! time for the world to toughen the f#$% up , everyone seems to want it easy and not have any confrontations with reality.

Cost isn't an issue. If it was legal, it would be cheap. I agree with a previous post. This is what is happening now. The richer teams get to use the good stuff.

Doping will always be ahead of the testing curve. How many guys used EPO before there was a test for it. It will always be a new drug that nobody is aware of and can't be tested.

Either legalise it, or the consequences need to be severe. Allow retroactive testing once a test become available, and then life-time bans, financial penalties along with jail time. And that's across all sports.

Otherwise stop paying salaries and giving prize money. Make it truly amateur. Suddenly not a hell of a lot of reason to put your life at risk. In all honesty, if Lance gets caught tomorrow, u think he gives a damn. His career is over, he is financially secure and he'll live a happy carefree life. yes maybe a tarnished reputation, but he'll then say, but everyone else is doing it and the wheel will keep on turning.

Option 2 !

:thumbup:

I too would love to see the real affects of drugged out atheletes.

But in reality that would destroy the future of the sport entirely.

Heavy jail sentences would be a good way to get them to tone down.

Edited by Woofie