Which pro rider do you have the most respect for??

Christoph

Jens Voigt. But not for his on the bike performance. Weren't he late for Ley-O-Phaard TREK training camp cause his wife gave birth to their six(yes6) child!!!

In seriousness - and I don't wanna say it out loud cause it's an Australian. I just love the fighting spirit of Cadel Evans. Sure he has his moment, but hell so do I

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi The Break

Can one hire this dvd from a local DVD store? Is the name : 'Overcoming' alone or can I also refer to something else.. would love to watch this!!

I borrowed it from a friends who used to live in the states. I have seen cycling DVDs at Sportsman Warehouse a few years back. I think if you did an interent search for OVERCOMING on its own you may be lucky. It is the kind of DVD you will watch many times.

Which Pro cyclist do you have the most respect for?? All the best riders are always talked about because they are the best - and only that.. When these riders stop winning a lot they are forgotten and know one really remembers them

Here is my list (I have a couple):

Thor Hushovd

Juan Antonio Flecha

Cameron Meyer

Fabian Cancellara

Frank Schleck (not andy)

These guys are really excellent at cycling but their good nature and attitude towards others etc. just means much more than the fact that they cycle well :lol:

FABIAN CANCELLARA :clap:

Hi The Break

Can one hire this dvd from a local DVD store? Is the name : 'Overcoming' alone or can I also refer to something else.. would love to watch this!!

dont think you will find it at a dvd store,

i watched it and those guys are really down to earth

I like Jens Voight too. First met him in 1998 when I covered the PruTour (Tour of Britain) as a journo. He was on the GAN team. Always joking around and really down to earth. Was fortunate to get into the Saxo Bank team car support vehicle for Jens at the 2010 Tour de France during the final TT. He's really powerful (very good leverage with his long legs) and was probably riding at 85% of his best – like most riders do in the final TT if they're not in contention for team or individual honours. With about 15 kays to go we heard on race radio what Cancellara's time was - obliterating the previous best. The driver pulled up next to Jens to tell him. Big smile "Extra bottle of champagne tonight," he grinned.

I like Jens Voight

The truest if the real breeds.

He lacks the talent and the genetics of the lucky B@stards who inherited from a gene pool bigger than the ocean, but a real raw talent, fighter and professional like Voigt still has to be born.

as a female South African, my local 'hero' has to be Yolande Speedy.... that chick can ride - she even puts alot of our local pro males to shame!

as a female South African, my local 'hero' has to be Yolande Speedy.... that chick can ride - she even puts alot of our local pro males to shame!

We used to race way back at the quarry, Yolande (Yolandeee as we knew her, she is now Joulaand), any way, she was there back in those days.

I have seen her come from there to where she is today, and I will say that she deserves every bit of credit people can give her, she is one of the hardest working cyclists I know.

valentino rossi

Who is that ?

Big Jan Ulrich, not a pedigree climber, used to grind up the big mountains with the smallest lightest Spanish climbers. And he could time trial as well.

he cheats - motorized doping

Aaaaah, the great little Italian motorised two wheel king who was going to make a massive splash in the 4 wheel fraternity.