IM70.3 pictures... Sick prices

rudi-h

So I get an email from "finisherpix" with my IM70.3 pictures. After such a great event I'm so excited, just to find out it's 16 Euro for a single digital pic download and 45 Euro for the full set.

Absolutely FKN crazy!! Please organizers, this is just sick. Get local photographers to do this for us at affordable prices!!!!

And don't come with this BS about local companies not being good enough. Local photography companies can handle events much larger in participant numbers than the IM70.3

Regards,

One seriously pissed off finisher!

I agree... The photos weren't the greatest in any event!! The only one that I would look at is the one with official Ironman branded frame with the time, etc, but again, silly prices!! Fortunately had a mate from Lifestruck who took photos which I can use and create my own branded frame!!

Edited by mosey

Prices are are a rip-off. What I want to know is how they got it right to get our swim pics matched with the rest of our pix as we had no markings?

But yeah it is a rip-off, and then almost R50 for postage-wtf.

Ya, unfortunately we pay European prices, the entry is Euro, price money is euro. shows what our Rands are worth.

So.....

Anyone want to sponsor me a trip down to PE in April and I'll take pics on the route for you for FREE!!!! :thumbup:

The problem is that finisherpix is the worldwide photographer for IronMan - they do all the events, so in SA we can't tender for it... we just have to go with what IM says. Last year is was marathonpics doing the photography, pics were great, prices were ridiculous!!! This year prices and pics are just shyt!

It's a real pity, and I can't see anyone buying photos... so it's waste actually!

The Mrs took some pics and must say that she did a better job than finisherpix so apart from the ride,her pix will do

I dont know if i want the pics cause the finishing time on the banner at the finish is the time of the elite's and we started 15min behind.

Not very bright then of them.......

I dont know if i want the pics cause the finishing time on the banner at the finish is the time of the elite's and we started 15min behind.

Not very bright then of them.......

Very good point, that is stupid!! :thumbdown:

You will have no luck with Paul.

Yip, the way he went on at the race briefing - I can't seem him being to sympathetic :unsure:

The problem is that finisherpix is the worldwide photographer for IronMan - they do all the events, so in SA we can't tender for it... we just have to go with what IM says. Last year is was marathonpics doing the photography, pics were great, prices were ridiculous!!! This year prices and pics are just shyt!

It's a real pity, and I can't see anyone buying photos... so it's waste actually!

One way they could bring down the pricing though is to head up with a print partner and source some local photographers for their team.

I would just like to say that I just ordered all my photo's

Once registered and put in my country of South Africa they took the VAT off.

So my order was a Digital Download of all my pictures in the gallery and it came to 29.95 Euro's. Which works out at a thumb suck to R300