26 inch hardtail not so bad then?

Zeps

i think sometimes,some people,get carried away with all the latest gadgets and gizmos and forget about just riding for the pure fun of it all.who cares what bike you or the next oke rides.seems to me that a bike,whether a 29er or 26er,hardtail or full suspension,still has to be ridden by a dedicated rider to win a race.

I could not agree more. Never ridden a 29er. I trust that those who have say its a smoother ride. Right now I care only about the price. 29er or 26 er it wont make much difference in my race results. Only better quality training and eating habits will.

At the end of the day it is simply marketing blb that is designed to stimulate a renewed sales drive. The rider that wins the race at the end of the day will win because of his talent and skill on a MTB. NOT BECAUSE HE RIDES a 29er!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that not every body can afford a sub 10kg 29er. The Burries, Georges and Kevin's of this world all have 9kg 29er's, that make them competitive. At the end of the day, both sizes have advantages and disadvantages.

I have a feeling that the mountain bike industry have sort of "stabilized" with their sales on 26ers, and this is a method to increase sales to the general public. Its like that with computers also - you need windows 7 to run this program and then your computer will perform at its best!! Windows XP is now old although it still works fine. Upgrade now.

Some say its not the bike but the 'engine' that makes the difference...!

Name escapes me, but i think someone wrote a book along that line

So ...... Max Knox wins the Barberton ultra on a 26 inch hardtail :o

What happened to the 'all conquering' clown bikes today :rolleyes:

Just saying ;)

His biggest advantage is that he was on a Cannondale :thumbup:

@TheOldCootBiker: Robbie Powell reckons that if you ride with flow then you ride a 26er and if you don't know how to ride technical then get a 29er!

:lol:

@TheOldCootBiker: Robbie Powell reckons that if you ride with flow then you ride a 26er and if you don't know how to ride technical then get a 29er!

:lol:

Who is he ?

That is what they are saying about DS vs HT bikes . A hubber gave me a spin on his 29 a while bike and although I did not go very far I did like the feel of it rolling over the rock going up onion hill . But as somebody already said , I got 5 26 MTB's hanging around . They all diff makes but the basic stuff are all the same and can be swopped at will . The idea of having standard I find very appealing .

Name escapes me, but i think someone wrote a book along that line

I recall something similar... think it was a Hans or Maans something... ;)

Who was, who was that roadie who said Its not about the bike? Someone still has to pedal the freakin thing, 26 or 29ER.

I have a road bike only at the moment, so no bias. Just wondering: if you make a post when a 26 inch bike wins, the assumption I make is that mostly they don't?

I have a road bike only at the moment, so no bias. Just wondering: if you make a post when a 26 inch bike wins, the assumption I make is that mostly they don't?

I think most of the top guys are riding 29" so the winner is normally on a 29". The question is. Are they riding them because they are being paid to ride them? And. Are they winning because they are on 29 or because they are better riders?

Who was, who was that roadie who said Its not about the bike? Someone still has to pedal the freakin thing, 26 or 29ER.

Squier answered that already, it was someone called Hans or Maans. :unsure:

I recall something similar... think it was a Hans or Maans something... ;)

No man, wasn't it a Niel guy...?

Who is he ?

Brilliant Dangle, you are so right who the hell is he?

Probably another 26" rider scared to make the move to a 29" in case everyone reverts back to 26"-yeah sure, you guys will change eventually.

Dangle should we start a poll to see who has a 29" now, who want's one and who will never buy one and then see in 6 months and a years time?clap.gif

Brilliant Dangle, you are so right who the hell is he?

Probably another 26" rider scared to make the move to a 29" in case everyone reverts back to 26"-yeah sure, you guys will change eventually.

Dangle should we start a poll to see who has a 29" now, who want's one and who will never buy one and then see in 6 months and a years time?clap.gif

I wouldn't take Powell's input with a pinch of Jenna Jameson let alone salt.

I have been on 29'ers for ages now, and can't see myself reverting back to 26 "

But yes a poll would work like a bomb :thumbup:

Powell is at Probike, the Scott sponsor to George who "won Attakwas on a 29'er" so quite a confusing tweet from him.

Mark my words, we will see team 360 at Epic on 26 " full sussers.

All about makkatieng.