Sitting on the top tube of a carbon frame?

Tokyo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see what is wrong with it? It's their bike, so if they damage it, so what?! I like my alu frame - no issues there :D

I am guilty and have to confess this has been a long standing habit having its origins during my teens when I abused the car bonnet by regularly getting lateral with my girl on it.

I used to refer to the resulting impressions as love dimples

It's the most comfortable position while waiting for the start

If that is comfartable I will get a top tube for my office chair ...

.... pressure of a 100kg man sitting on the top tube? Do they see the pro’s who get a new frame each year, do it and think it is ok? - (B.T.W. if I were a team manager I would make sitting on the top tube, a contact breaking offence)

Most 100kg guys are finding it hard to get a team, manager or contract to break along with their frames.

:D

And, of course they will be lighter if they are not wearing helmets, but then someone else will be telling them off.

What is it with this place that everyone wants to tell everyone else what to do?

100kg's + carbon frame (assuming it is an MTB) must = trouble?

Show me the cyclist with 100% of his weight resting on the top tube.

Are these guys sitting cross legged while doing a track stand?

Somebody with better trig than me can do the sums, but I'd be surprised if more than say 15% of the guy's weight is being supported by the top tube.

There's no problem here folks, nothing to see, move along!

Hay I am not telling any-one what to do I am actually trying to have a discussion on something cycling related. Was wondering if the people realize they are breaking their frames, maybe makes someone realize what he/she is doing.

Don't mind me - today's pills havent kicked in yet.

& it's either pmt and/or i'm anxious about us losing Fernando Torres on transfer deadline day.

Edited by Joe Low

Hay I am not telling any-one what to do I am actually trying to have a discussion on something cycling related. Was wondering if the people realize they are breaking their frames, maybe makes someone realize what he/she is doing.

you are going to have to show us some scientific evidence of that being the case. not just the thumbsuck you're presenting here. and ja haa, like hairy said, look at the two okes in the pic, maybe 200newtons max on the toptube

i could think that MAAAAYBE the spesh shiv tt bike might have this problem but most bikes will take that abuse. infact my superlight has that kinked top tube that fits my ass purrrfectly, oh so comfy.

Don't mind me - today's pills havent kicked in yet.

& it's either pmt and/or i'm anxious about us losing Fernando Torres on transfer deadline day.

:thumbup:

i don't weigh no where near that and i sit on my top tube...altyd:)

i better be careful cause my dikg@t is going to break it