What is acceptable weight for a dual

Vetseun

@ perp & @ Caerus

I must confess my whip is a small and has full XTR :)

For an XC Dualie 11Kg must be pretty realistic??

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 12.5-13kg is the bar.

It takes more than you think to get it down to 11kg. If a carbon HT with a ful XTR and ZTR wheelset weighs 10- 10.5kg then 11kg's for a FS is going weight weeny. I guess If youre buying a 35k Merida 96 or scott spark 20/30 youll get 11-12kg gange but for a everyday short travel FS in the "reasonable" catagory, Id say 13kg. then youre already paying near 20k

My Zula is 12kg's. And theres nothing to heavy on there. (apart from the frame :blush:)

Sure Its solid parts but all lightweight.

Basic list:

Reba Sl

Xtr cranks with specialites 2 blades

Xtr shift + rear der

Juicy ultimates

wheels. hopes with Revolution spokes and Equelizer 23rims (1650g)

Bars Crank bros Cobalt 3 (190g)

Setpost Controltec team (219g)

I meen apart form casette(slx)

xt pedals

SLX front der

maybe the UST rear tire could be a foldable so shead 100g..but at what price.

getting a carbon seat, Its damn near Impossible to get my bike anywhere near 11.5 whigh some might say is heavy..

I think we get Flattered by all these 9kg FS and 7.5 kg Ht superbikes reality is that sub 12, youre looking at 20 plus, and that isnt reasonable anymore..

my zula, sorry its dirty I know.

post-1279-0-82525600-1296804157.jpg

Edited by Bos

I would love to see all the sub 12 kg. bikes on my personal scale with sealant, proper tubeless tyres, pedals and bar-ends on a mid level bike.

:thumbup:

My precious at 11,4kgs

Noir cranks, Cobalt wheels, Ritchey WCS cockpit, XO drivetrain, Pheno saddle, Thomson seat post, XX 120mm SID fork.

post-3958-0-59208400-1296804396.jpg

Yeah, my Trance is 11.5kg

How do you get that, my Zula with RS SID, 1.4kg wheels, Noir crank, everything basically the lightest you get weighs 11.4Kg.

You see Mackie, that is far from "reasonable" I meen that is R35 000 if yoid go buy the stuff again..

very nice, Im just saying that people must remember the criteria here, Sure we are all whipped on spending mega bucks on our bikes but a reasonable xc FS, this is not.

How do you get that, my Zula with RS SID, 1.4kg wheels, Noir crank, everything basically the lightest you get weighs 11.4Kg.

Exactly...:blush:

the Zula frames are heavy by the way, but not boat ancor style.. around 2.6kg my guess?

I had this baby on the scale at my lbs this morning 11.120kg. Nearly k@kked myself, thought it was way too heavy. My hardtail was under 10kg. But with the insight received so far here, maybe I should shut up and be thankfull.

post-16512-0-59319300-1296805126.jpg

my mongoose stock standard currently 14.5 kg but that is fine as my weight was 106kg.after the silly season with plenty of riding my weight has come down to 99kg therefore it feels as if my bike only weighs 7.6 kg.one of these days my bike will weigh nothing.

Edited by reteid

My Anthem X2 weighs 12.1kg with pedals and sealant!

It is still running the stock LX cranks and heavy crossmark wheels... could easily be in the 11's with carbon cranks and some thinner wheels... :thumbup:

Exactly...:blush:

the Zula frames are heavy by the way, but not boat ancor style.. around 2.6kg my guess?

Yeah, I have a medium I think its about 2.4-5 ish. But 11.5 for a trance that is a aluminium trail bike. That must be one super sooptup bike!

Non -ust tyres, and a lot of money. :(

Yeah, I have a medium I think its about 2.4-5 ish. But 11.5 for a trance that is a aluminium trail bike. That must be one super sooptup bike!

yip we want pics or build list before we believe you ;)

Stands to reason that biger sizes will be heavier. My Trance X with full XT set-up tubeless, thomson seatpost & stem and monkeylite bars weighs about 12.7kg - but its a large.

Most of the pics above are far from mid-range, off-the-peg bikes.

yip we want pics or build list before we believe you ;)

There are pics somewhere on here, been a few upgrades since then.

Maybe I need to get it checked again, the scale at the LBS could have been up to shite. I'll get back to you

Edited by Caerus