What is acceptable weight for a dual

Vetseun

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my Merida 96 3000D to under 13kg without doing much at all - Thompson Seatpost, FSA flat bar, and trimmed all the cables. I paid under 20K last year, and I think there are real bargains to be had now because of the new model. And I've got some real heavy tyres on now too - Geax, which if I changed could save me 500g - but like has been said earlier, no punctures is way better than 500g saved!

Found this breakdown on another website.

Anthem X 29er Weight weenie stuff

So I took delivery of my new Anthem X 29er 3. I had been curious about exact weights of some of the parts and hadn't had much luck finding them. So I disassembled the bike all the way down to nothingness and weighed each part down to the shifter cable housing and rotor screws. My gf was less than impressed with the lack of attention to her

But since I went completely nuts and did all of this stuff I figured I'd pass it on. Oh well I needed to tear it down for the SRAM XX stuff to go on.

This is a size Large

Existing

Frameset 2765.0

Fork 1768.0

Front Tube 187.0

Front Tire 707.0

Front Wheel 957.0

Rear Tube 185.0

Rear Tire 702.0

Rear Wheel 1200.0

Front Axle 72.0

Rear Skewer 66.0

Front Brake 318.0

Front Rotor 153.0

Front Rotor Screws 13.0

Rear Brake 310.0

Rear Rotor 109.0

Rear Rotor Screws 14.0

Crankset w/o BB 872.0

Bottom Bracket 0.0

Chain 272.0

Cassette w/ plastic spoke guard 388.0

Front Derailleur 155.0

Rear Derailleur 273.0

Front Shifter 143.0

Rear Shifter 150.0

Saddle 222.0

Seatpost 313.0

Bars 270.0

Stem 173.0

Grips 103.0

Housing 53.0

Front Reflector 31.0

Total 12944.0gr or 28.51lbs

All weights are in grams unless otherwise noted, the only oddity you may notice is the bottom bracket is listed as 0gr, that's because it is included in the frame weight because I haven't gotten my special tool to press it out yet

my santa cruz superlight is about 12kgs. bit of xtr on the drivetrain, but nothing too special

My Trek ex5 weighs in at 13kg with slx components, I recon if i upgrade my front shock(recon silver) and my rims(alexis) I should be able to bring it down to around 12kg

I would love to see all the sub 12 kg. bikes on my personal scale with sealant, proper tubeless tyres, pedals and bar-ends on a mid level bike.

Indeed so would I - decent strong tyres add weight, as does the pump and other lovely accessories...

my santa cruz superlight is about 12kgs. bit of xtr on the drivetrain, but nothing too special

Yes mine is just under

BTW check out the new Super Light 29er