Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

I know most hubbers would lick the ground Cancellara walks on, so here you go:

Swiss rider slams CAS and says fear factor has increased amongst the peloton.

Swiss rider Fabian Cancellara has branded the process involved in ascertaining Contador’s culpability as “crazy”.

He then cited Contador’s attention to detail and the amount that he has stood to lose as an argument against the possibility that he risked everything on a contaminated supplement.

“Now they are saying that it wasn’t even the food, it was a supplement. It is hard to believe that Alberto would take a supplement without having it tested. You get offered them everywhere but you say ‘ok’ and send them to the lab. For a cyclist, this is your insurance.

“Alberto has so many people behind him: teammates, coaches, friends, family, sponsors and the money that comes with it all. To throw away all that in a split second on one pill seems crazy. I always think this way myself - about what I have to lose.

Look, me personally, I am not a fan of Candelabra, but he seems like a level headed bloke, and one whose comments I'd give some attention to.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know some people who would kill for a Botswana fillet

Agreed. When you want what you want, that's all that you want.

I DON'T AGREE THAT AC MIGHT BE ALLOWED TO RACE AFTER AUGUST! HE MUST FACE THE MUSIC AND START WITH HIS TWO YEAR BAN APART FROM THE FACT THAT I THINK HE SHOULD BE BANNED FOR LIFE!

!!!!!

I don't agree with your use of capitalisation. I don't really agree with your use of punctuation either.

I know some people who would kill for a Botswana fillet

I'm one of them, since you spoiled us at Groenies that time! :clap:

I'm one of them, since you spoiled us at Groenies that time! :clap:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Must be done again.

Have to wait a while as I have buggered my hip a bit.Played squash :eek: Read somewhere its not recommended for hip replacements :thumbdown:

Back in the gym and must do Pilates to strengthen the muscles

Back on the bike tho.

Kalchal???yes?

I know most hubbers would lick the ground Cancellara walks on, so here you go:

Swiss rider slams CAS and says fear factor has increased amongst the peloton.

Swiss rider Fabian Cancellara has branded the process involved in ascertaining Contador’s culpability as “crazy”.

He then cited Contador’s attention to detail and the amount that he has stood to lose as an argument against the possibility that he risked everything on a contaminated supplement.

“Now they are saying that it wasn’t even the food, it was a supplement. It is hard to believe that Alberto would take a supplement without having it tested. You get offered them everywhere but you say ‘ok’ and send them to the lab. For a cyclist, this is your insurance.

“Alberto has so many people behind him: teammates, coaches, friends, family, sponsors and the money that comes with it all. To throw away all that in a split second on one pill seems crazy. I always think this way myself - about what I have to lose.

Look, me personally, I am not a fan of Candelabra, but he seems like a level headed bloke, and one whose comments I'd give some attention to.

On some sort of basic level without any conspiracy theories and just looking at it a a simple person, one would have to agree with him.

............of course, though, there's no fun in that.!

Dude AC knows exactly where the steak came from

The question was not where the steak came from but rather how AC knows for a fact that it came from the steak.

That's why this little knob lost his case.

The little tjop should just own up and we will all get over it.

How friggin gullible does he think we are.

Edited by Dangle

How friggin gullible does he think we are.

He used to be Lance's teammate, and people still think Lance didn't dope, so Contador probably learnt a long time ago that most of us are extremely gullible?

A friend in the feedlot industry tells me that Clenbuterol is used by just about everybody that feeds cattle.

It has to be withdrawn from the feed 5 days before slaughter.

With peaks in the demand as it happens over December , Easter and month ends you can be assured that this is not always the case.

If Contador was telling the truth it means that at least a few SA cyclists and other athletes that had steak before a race should all test positive. As far as I know this hasn't happened.

My "source" was told by a vet that you would have to eat a whole ox for it to show in your blood.

My "source" was told by a vet that you would have to eat a whole ox for it to show in your blood.

The only OX that little Spaniard could possibly eat is a pimple on the back of a fat Spanish chicks neck.

A friend in the feedlot industry tells me that Clenbuterol is used by just about everybody that feeds cattle.

It has to be withdrawn from the feed 5 days before slaughter.

With peaks in the demand as it happens over December , Easter and month ends you can be assured that this is not always the case.

If Contador was telling the truth it means that at least a few SA cyclists and other athletes that had steak before a race should all test positive. As far as I know this hasn't happened.

Contrary to what others say its been shown to be used in Europe, its probably not widespread, but that is not an indication of non use. There is also evidence to show that very few cattle are tested, that's not to say testing is not done, just the sampling of tests is minimal, like 2 in a thousand, I forget the exact figures now, but its there if you want to look for it, I cant be bothered anymore.

It would be interesting to know what sort of quantity one would need to ingest for it to show as with 'Berto, and how long it remains in the system, (ie) could one get a build up of the Clen over a period of say 5 days. Its immaterial to the case or even the discussion here, I would just be interested.

It would be interesting to know what sort of quantity one would need to ingest for it to show as with 'Berto, and how long it remains in the system, (ie) could one get a build up of the Clen over a period of say 5 days.

I doubt beef forms part of a pro's diet during the TDF for so many days. Berto weighs about the same as a teenage girl. How much beef can he get down? 150 grams? :P

I doubt beef forms part of a pro's diet during the TDF for so many days. Berto weighs about the same as a teenage girl. How much beef can he get down? 150 grams? :P

:lol: - True.

...but there have been other athletes where they have walked from cases of Clen in their systems using the same excuse, so I still wonder on the "quantity ingested" issue.