Van Gaalens Mountain biking and running trails

L.T.G

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still dont trust it :eek:

I certainly wont be placing my faith in that contraption.

If it has been repaired at least put up a pic that looks repaired cause that one dont

Looks as if it is about to fall apart

It's just as ridable as ever!

The day I fall off due to no fault of my own.. I'll concede there's a problem with it.

I certainly wont be placing my faith in that contraption.

If it has been repaired at least put up a pic that looks repaired cause that one dont

It's very far from being a "contraption" .....

But there's a simple solution to anyone not confident enough to ride it, be it their skill level or opinion of the state of the bridge.... Don't.

• 2 weeks later...

Re Daggapad, Pafadder etc.. on the map you have here where you see the Concrete Road pointer touching the route, that little section after it turns right to go through the donga, you just turn left at the point and it takes you to both DPad and Pofadder.

And if you dont take the left turn, where does it go?

If I want to do the daggapad stuff, I assume this is the route I follow, but 2 questions.

Do I head to the river from the house and then turn left before the river, and then is it signposted?

If I want to do the daggapad stuff, I assume this is the route I follow, but 2 questions.

Do I head to the river from the house and then turn left before the river, and then is it signposted?

Oh, one more question, how tough and technical is that route?

post-30294-0-47279500-1349168400_thumb.jpg

Edited by Richard Best

just after your 11km marker on this route, you het the T-juntion where, in this case, you've gone right.. you turn left there and that'll take you out the valley to DaggaPad...

Re the signage, it is marked but if you follow this route you did and just turn left as mentioned, you'll get to DP...

it's an amazing route, maybe a little rocky on the descent , which might be tricky depending on your technical skills, but very doable.