assos vs cape storm

mokganjetsi

a question; not a review really:

i've heard assos bibs are the berries, especially for long multi-day events. at a price tag of R2000+ it is a hard one to swallow and i'm interested as to how it compares to the local top of the range bibs (such as the cape storm nitros?). anybody have experience with these and care to share their view?

i'm planning on doing the cape pioneer in october so the question of "which bibs" is a matter of survival; not just curiousity! :)

thanks

mok

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Assos vs Cape Storm = Mercedes vs Toyota. A Toyota is a good reliable car, but it is not a Mercedes. Nothing wrong with Cape Storm, I love my Matrix and Nitros, but I love my Assos more.

I have a pair of Nitros and three pairs of 'cheap' Assos S5 Unos. The Assos are significantly more comfortable.

a question; not a review really:

i've heard assos bibs are the berries, especially for long multi-day events. at a price tag of R2000+ it is a hard one to swallow and i'm interested as to how it compares to the local top of the range bibs (such as the cape storm nitros?). anybody have experience with these and care to share their view?

i'm planning on doing the cape pioneer in october so the question of "which bibs" is a matter of survival; not just curiousity! :)

thanks

mok

Quick send me a Cape Storm top of the range model and I'll do a comparison for you. Using the Assos Mille for CE training and yes they are rather good but would like to have another option just in case the sitvlak asks for another option.

thanks guys

the obvious next question: where can i get hold of assos in SA at best price? the massive import taxes just kills the possibility to shop overseas for it.

thanks guys

the obvious next question: where can i get hold of assos in SA at best price? the massive import taxes just kills the possibility to shop overseas for it.

CWC

Guest eyecandy

Try Solomons (Woodmead).....they always having good sales on Assos

First get a good saddle that fits your ass. No pair of shorts will make an ill fitting saddle comfortable.

very dissapointed in the capestorm nitros, gets very uncomfortable, even if you ride short distances,but every day, by Friday at 35km it feels more like 150km.

My cyclelab anatomic bibs are way better, dont experience any discomfort with them

I have a pair of assos mile's that is almost 4 years old. Its the only pair of bibs where there is not even a sign of the chamois coming loose. I owned a pair a cape storm bibs. It was nice but lasted 1 year. Spend the money! I only buy the following brands and it works out cheaper down the line: assos, giordana, nalini, castelli, zeroth

You wont go wrong with these brands