Tokai Maintenance and Building

EvilRabbit

You're not really being neutral here, and you've already put your stake in the ground by saying that you intentionally ride UP known Downhill only trails, ignoring trail etiquette. You've also motivated why you would gladly sneak in to the park in order to ride.

What you say is correct! When I return on holiday next year, (after riding in wales and the Alps), I will be doing just that!

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you say is correct! When I return on holiday next year, (after riding in wales and the Alps), I will be doing just that!

even though they're signposted? And you KNOW it's wrong?

Omega - will you join me in snotklapping this tard?

Well said OM !

Don't bother reasoning with these guys, i have tried it before. same excuses everytime ! and same mucho attitude.

Another DH extention built recently while the other trails are desperate for maintenance.

Ride in Jonkers if you want decent well maintained trails with awesome features.(see rock feature on new trail above the canaries !!!)

Ace of spades seem to be the guys involved, saw them working on yet another new trail on the weekend.

That is about 4 completely new trails in just a few months DH and XC.

No excuses and attitude from them, just well designed, flowing singletrack.

I cannot believe how fast those guys build.

All the discussions i read a while back about the snake eyes maintenance and how long it took etc

Please go and ride the neverending story rebuild or the new upper canary trail in jonkers and tell me that snake eyes is awesome, you have got to be kidding me !!!

You seem to just have replied to a particular post without reading the thread to its conclusion, and see that Omega has accepted PorS's rationalisations and new trail ideas. Again - you only ever seem to complain, without ever showing up for a build day, even when invited. If you want an input, come along to a build day. I promise you, there WILL be one in the near future... Come along and see what happens.

David, I would like to warn you that what you say here has the potential of inciting a further heated argument unnecessarily. Stop trolling.

Besides, I am sure that admitting to theft and disregard for rules in a public forum is not advisable.

You're not really being neutral here, and you've already put your stake in the ground by saying that you intentionally ride UP known Downhill only trails, ignoring trail etiquette. You've also motivated why you would gladly sneak in to the park in order to ride.

EDIT: And they're not solo, despite your assertions. Meurant, Bennett as well as various other AMA members have been in the meetings in the past. And get this - we are NOT the sole focus of TMNP. Fancy that?

Lol, Downhill bikers stick together hey cptmayhem ?!?

What people reading this post must realise is that guys like cptmayhem are downhill bikers who are just protecting their interests.

You won't sit back and let someone voice their opinion about the rubbish job that is being down in Tokai by your mates!

All i see is another list of excuses.

Get Bennet to help you guys fix the trails that you have built and make them more sustainable.

Show Parks photos/plans of the work that he has done in Jonkers, and tell them he is taking over from now, that will give them more faith in building abilities for future trails.

Get your sponsors to speak to Parks rather, they will be far more likely to approve building etc if their is backing of a big brand name....

You guys are taking the piss now...

You seem to just have replied to a particular post without reading the thread to its conclusion, and see that Omega has accepted PorS's rationalisations and new trail ideas. Again - you only ever seem to complain, without ever showing up for a build day, even when invited. If you want an input, come along to a build day. I promise you, there WILL be one in the near future... Come along and see what happens.

lol, still going on about who is or isn't coming to the build days... still missing the point.

I reply to posts that i agree with, don't need to justify myself to you, do you understand that ???

OM changed his mind later in the thread because he is being sold all the same excuses from two years ago.

What people reading this post must realise is that guys like cptmayhem are downhill bikers who are just protecting their interests.

You won't sit back and let someone voice their opinion about the rubbish job that is being down in Tokai by your mates!

Get Bennet to help you guys fix the trails that you have built and make them more sustainable.

Show Parks photos/plans of the work that he has done in Jonkers, and tell them he is taking over from now, that will give them more faith in building abilities for future trails.

Get your sponsors to speak to Parks rather, they will be far more likely to approve building etc if their is backing of a big brand name....

Erm - yeah. Not.

Dude, I ride a DH bike, yes. But also have an XC machine which I ride all the time, and ride all the XC trails as well.

Bennet DOES work in Tokai. He knows how much of a ballache it is to deal with SANPARKS. If he could, he'd go BOS in Tokai. But he can't, because it's not allowed.

If you're not convinced, ask Kandui - Rob - who is working on the face of Table Mountain under Table Mountain Bikers. He knows how hard it is to deal with Parks. A simple issue like signage takes up to 5 months to ratify and be approved.

You don't know any of the facts... Do you not think I have been to Barbera at Red Bull, or Tony at Monster. How about a certain bank that is waiting in the wings.. Or the vehicle sponsor that cannot, like the others commit to an entity without official permits from Parks. Do you bother to think about anything before you post?

Excuses? Bah, I see a bright future based on a solid foundation.

BTW..You want to throw a few personal snide comments in with your so called facts? You sir are the last person I will be taking advice from.

Next!

lol, still going on about who is or isn't coming to the build days... still missing the point.

I reply to posts that i agree with, don't need to justify myself to you, do you understand that ???

OM changed his mind later in the thread because he is being sold all the same excuses from two years ago.

So you're saying OM is a douche for accepting Deon's arguments? That he is somehow dumb and is able to be "sold" excuses? Gees. He's passionate about the trails he rides. That's why he comes to the build days and posts PROPER questions.

And in case you haven't been paying attention, read my long post. It will give you a bit more background information. Things change. Unfortunately in this case the change is glacial due to the structures in place (on the Sanparks side) and recently we have had an admittance from PARKS that the holdup over the past few months has been due to them not being able to devote enough time to the problem / solution, even though AMA is constantly badgering them.

I hope you are not referring to the Cap sticking to my side?? I am in no way or form a downhiller. I ride the trails that you think are in a shocking state and will stay that way until someone new fills my place.. Ha ha..

I hope you are not referring to the Cap sticking to my side?? I am in no way or form a downhiller. I ride the trails that you think are in a shocking state and will stay that way until someone new fills my place.. Ha ha.. Fool!

Lemme say that neither am I. I ride Donwhill. Yes. I ride Cross Country. Yes. I ride whatever i feel like, within the boundaries of the rules where I ride. I ride because I like it.

Duane is a "downhiller" he is also an "all mountaineer" and a Moto rider. Do you want to confine all to a single box because of the bike they ride?

The mod team have recieved a few reports about this thread.

I sit here reading this having never ridden a mountain bike on Table Mountain and will have this to say.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves! Hang your heads in shame! The whole blinkken lot of you. What sheer bickering, whinging and whining, worse than a bunch of girls! (Oh where is is "the Colonel" when you need him to call a spade a spade.) Complain, complain complain.

From an outsiders point of view, you have a few people trying to liase with the landowners who actually dont want you their. They are trying to get things done with limited resources. From the sounds of it also getting some things wrong. On the other hand, you have another bunch who are not happy with this liason and priority listing. They are willing to call for people to step down. Yet at the same time, not willing to step into the shoes of the void, other than complain and politic with threats through an internet forum.

Saying that some people are only protecting their own is pathetic. Again, with this thread as my only knowledge base, all it shows is that none of you actually deserve to ride on the mountain. You are not wanting to put other riders first but rather your own interests.

If I was a manager at SANparks, I would kick the whole damn lot of you off the mountain. Flippen disgrace!

As a mod, I am going to close this topic for a while. Personal insults are not acceptable, in any way shape or form. When I have waded through all your drivel, I will open it again.

Anyway... Changes are happening. Watch this space. But also, please be patient. Things do not change overnight.

EDIT: Things on the cards

1: completion of Snake Eyes upgrade

2: filling in of My Roots braking ruts

3: Divert on Mamba (alternative route)

4: Cobra / Black Eagle divert & upgrade

5: General maintenance

As before, please be patient. We ARE dealing with PARKS here.

Also - a FANTASTIC trail is being proposed. Something that will be unique to Cape Town. It WILL take a long time to come through though.

Edited by cptmayhem

The mod team have recieved a few reports about this thread.

I sit here reading this having never ridden a mountain bike on Table Mountain and will have this to say.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves! Hang your heads in shame! The whole lot blinkken lot of you. What sheer bickering, whinging and whining, worse than a bunch of girls! (Oh where is is "the Colonel" when you need him to call a spade a spade.) Complain, complain complain.

From an outsiders point of view, you have a few people trying to liase with the landowners who actually dont want you their. They are trying to get things done with limited resources. On the other hand, you have another bunch who are not happy with this liason and priority listing. They are willing to call for people to step down. Yet at the same time, not willing to step into the shoes of the void, other than complain and politic with threats through an internet forum.

Saying that some people are only protecting their own is pathetic. Again, with this thread as my only knowledge base, all it shows is that none of you actually deserve to ride on the mountain. You are not wanting to put other riders first but rather your own interests.

If I was a manager at SANparks, I would kick the whole damn lot of you off the mountain. Flippen disgrace!

As a mod, I am going to close this topic for a while. Personal insults are not acceptable, in any way shape or form. When I have waded through all your drivel, I will open it again.

Not much to add here except that all the negativity here is like you said a disgrace. Not like any of the complainers will do something out of there own but rather sit back behind their desks insulting people that actually are trying to make a difference. They were actually shown much more respect than deserved

I for one are really glad these people are not representatives of tokai mountain bikers because that would be a disaster for the rest. Best maybe is for them to ride somewhere else or try another sport/activity for a while where things are more to their liking. Mountain biking is great, its awesome, but there is actually a lot of other great things out there as well.

Slowbee, please don't close this. The discussion may be heated and some insults traded, but it is better to get it out in the open for all to see. eventually sense will prevail, if only because in Tokai, there are no real alternatives to the way things have to be done through SANParks

Slowbee, please don't close this. The discussion may be heated and some insults traded, but it is better to get it out in the open for all to see. eventually sense will prevail, if only because in Tokai, there are no real alternatives to the way things have to be done through SANParks

Agreed DJR.