Tokai Maintenance and Building

EvilRabbit

Guest Omega Man

Thanks for the invite. I'm afraid I have to wimp out for reasons I'm not going to go into in case CPTmayhem is hooked into this forum and starts sharpening his pencil :unsure:

Leave it D.

Edited by Omega Man

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Also remember it is also the Table mountain membership drive this Sunday which I think is another important event to participate in.

Ja. Super important. I hope it's well attended.

Guest Omega Man

So true, D. Same mentality applies to those ppl we were talkin about on saturday. Meh. At least there's beer tonight. Will talk about muppitses then, and ways to get more involved.

Focus on the beer. Focus on the beer. Focus on the beer. My wife has a book called get your loved one sober. Should I be worried? We should definitely discuss that over beers tonight.

edkin, on 04 September 2012 - 01:36 , said:

Thanks for the invite. I'm afraid I have to wimp out for reasons I'm not going to go into in case CPTmayhem is hooked into this forum and starts sharpening his pencil

Okay... No pencil sharpening going on here, dude. Next time you see us on the trails, come say howzit.

Guest Omega Man

Ok so this is the plan of attack for Sunday.

We are gonna concentrate on the bottom of the mountain. Namely the DH track from the hip jump down and the Vasbyt XC trail. Vince is sourcing a bobcat today to help move material to where we need it. We've got 3 trucks with laterite coming tomorrow and there's loads of material in the quarry. We've also got access to a 4 ton truck. 5 workers have been sourced to do the dog work but we still need you to help out.

These tracks need a lot of loving cos they've taken a hammering from the recent rains.

If you have a wheelbarrow please bring it as we only have 2.

It looks like it will rain a bit on Sunday but we ARE STILL BUILDING. In fact it's probably better that there's a bit of rain.

So please come build guys. We want Tokai to be a sick fast fun place to ride.

Guest Omega Man

I wanna make the jumps on DH3 Beeeeeeeeegah!

We need some signage up there guys. Seriously desperately madly urgently. There were 4 toolsbags riding UP dh2 again yesterday.

Edited by Omega Man

Omega man on a crusade.. Should you not first clear the jumps there first before looking for anything bigger? :P

Thanks everyone for the support, whether you are coming on Sunday or not (sorry Crow), it is important that we know you are still listening. Edkin, Ramsew, DJR, and anyone else on prior pages, you guys will be missed! Just seeing people following this thread is showing support.

On a side note and set for Wednesday/Thursday.. Tokai will be getting a gate hut generously donated by Fundhouse, a contact made through the HubSA. James from Fundhouse has been working with ThinkBike on several initiatives and this being one showing support for Table Mountain National Park in helping provide shelter for the rangers on duty at the gate. ThinkBike want awareness in the plight for bike safety and helping develop the facility in Tokai through Fundhouse, is one big step!

The hut also marks the start of good things for Tokai mountain bike trails, again due largely to donors support. (One such private individual setting the benchmark at R200 000! :wub: .. You know who you are, there is a gold star reserved for you on the vehicle!)

So, good things on the cards all 'round.. Great time to be a mountain biker! Will be hard for the naysayers to find an angle here right?

Edited by Pain or Shine

Guest Omega Man

Omega man on a crusade.. Should you not first clear the jumps there first before looking for anything bigger? :P

So, good things on the cards all 'round.. Great time to be a mountain biker! Will be hard for the naysayers to find an angle here right?

Bru I was OWNING that shti yesterday. Hit the one jump (the one that has the landing that runs into the road and the next little jump goes over a little drainage gully) on dh3 and landed in the middle of the road. teeni bit of poo might have come out.

Amped for the build. All of your (and our) efforts will soon be visible in dirt.

I WANT BIIIIIIIIIG JUUUUUUUMPSSSSS!!!! Wanna be in the air so much my tires never wear out. Don't want to have to fly to France for that anymore.

Guest Omega Man

I have The Flew brewing.

I got some beer brewing. Bottling on Sunday. After the build of course.

you want big jumps and you don't want to fly to France is a misnomer.. that might be exactly where you will be flying to!