Tokai Maintenance and Building

EvilRabbit

Yeah, Oh Mega - it was super tacky yesterday. The flow was almost there, but you got bogged down in the corners 'cos of all the mud & clay. Needs to be remixed with more soil & re-packed now that it's wet and tacky.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True. Change is painful.

@ Ossum and edkin. You are most welcome to join the next build day on September the 1st. There's a real sense of acomplishment when you ride a berm you helped build or hit a jump that you had a hand in. There's a real sense of cameradirie that is shared between the guys that put their time in to the trails. They are riders just like you.

On Saturday there were cold beers and ham sandwiches enjoyed by all too. Can't argue with that.

I would love to be part of it but unfortunately my time is demanded by others. Thats one of the reason I'm really grateful for you guys giving up your time for my enjoyment when I can get it.

I would love to be part of it but unfortunately my time is demanded by others. Thats one of the reason I'm really grateful for you guys giving up your time for my enjoyment when I can get it.

Dude, we all have someone or other who demands our time. I hve a 8 week old son, omega is up to his eyeballs in work, and the rest of us are either family ppl or have work / social commitments. The build days are structured on the first saturday of each month precisely so that those of us with commitments can make time to build / maintain.

Even if it's just for an hour, try to make it.

But hell, your appreciation is why we do it... And we appreciate your appreciation, if you know what I mean...

Edited by cptmayhem

Dude, we all have someone or other who demands our time. I hve a 8 week old son, omega is up to his eyeballs in work, and the rest of us are either family ppl or have work / social commitments. The build days are structured on the first saturday of each month precisely so that those of us with commitments can make time to build / maintain.

Even if it's just for an hour, try to make it.

But hell, your appreciation is why we do it...

Easy tiger. The man loves your work. No one should feel pressured to help out, as long as we are all having fun huh??

Ps, will check on the rocks at mamba entry. Please let them still be there! That was a lot of water falling today, hope not flowing down the trail...

Guest Omega Man

Ps, will check on the rocks at mamba entry. Please let them still be there! That was a lot of water falling today, hope not flowing down the trail...

Yeah. that was good work that entry with the french drain.

..and sounds like they have been removed by some enterprising people with great knowledge on trail sustainability. I'll be able to confirm this later, but it is not uncommon for it to happen. :(

..and sounds like they have been removed by some enterprising people with great knowledge on trail sustainability. I'll be able to confirm this later, but it is not uncommon for it to happen. :(

You're kidding.... please, be kidding...

EDIT: With the mood I'm in today, I might just take that spade to the farkers.

Edited by cptmayhem

Yeah. that was good work that entry with the french drain.

I thought you'd like it.

Guest Omega Man

I thought you'd like it.

Haha. no no. It had nothing to do with the word. i just thought it was a good job. i was quite impressed by the little klippies in there.

Guest Omega Man

Why??

Why??

Not really sure why. This same thing happened on the entry at dh1, your buddy seamen, I mean simon pulled the stones out the channel ,saying it was a risk to riders casing the landing. Odd thing is they were sunk in level with the ground. Well, you saw the damage caused by this bit of ingenuity, you fixed it a weeks ago.

There gave been more, vasbyt bridge; retaining logs pulled out to build a makeshift jump; result, severe water damage. Or what about the plants that were planted to close a straight line some riders made to skip a really nice tight left/right twist on lower vasbyt (cape fox), pulled out the ground and discarded. I could be wrong but a straight line is not as much fun as twists and turns, besides, we should not be shortcutting due to the damage it causes. Last thing we need are trails getting wider annually. As it is, it is going to cost a fortune lining the trails with alien cuttings to get them back to their narrow flowy former glory. try saying that fast!

Guest Omega Man

Ugh. I say we darwinize offenders and use their corpses to build jumps. We'll have loads of jumps.

Ugh. I say we darwinize offenders and use their corpses to build jumps. We'll have loads of jumps.

I like!

This will change as soon as we have our trails specced for insurance. Anyone found tampering with the trails is going to be found stuck in the proverbial poo.

The spec process starts in the next few weeks! Signage runs in parallel identifying areas in need. - suggestions btw!!

Or hang them in the nearest tree as a warning to others, a la pirate style!

Or hang them in the nearest tree as a warning to others, a la pirate style!

Where I live, there used to be a farm called Driekoppen because three cattle thieves were killed there and their heads displayed on stakes as a warning. So, it will only be reviving old Cape Town history.