Price Terrorists!

Nic0000

So it really gets me when you see these guys who have taken upon themselves to price regulate all the other hubbers!

When someone posts something for sale, the poor guy is attacked and his price beaten down just because

3 months, 2 days, 4 hours and 17 seconds ago someone else sold the same thing for 13.5% less! Or someone can import something

at a better price or the best one yet... Your item should be at least 14% cheaper because you not a VAT vendor! Shows you the intelligence levels! If you not a VAT vendor you can't claim input, thus it should 14% higher if anything?

If a hubber wants to sell for a higher price or even resell something he bought previously to make a profit, isn't that his prerogative? If bike shop A is more expensive then bike shop B, you dont give the former trouble... You just go to the latter.

Should be the same here!

Thanks, rant over!

Edited by Nic0000

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sounded like you yesterday. But how can two pieces of metal (called pedals) cost R2 000?? :)

Take a chill pill bud. You can sell your stuff at 50% more than the other buggers - make that 64% to account for VAT. In fact you can (try and) sell your stuff at any price you want to! Not so sure if you are going to to get any takers though....

This is the Hub bud,where you can count on fellow Hubbers to point out a dodgy or overpriced sale and get the best value for your money.Wouldnt you like to know when your being takin for a ride?

If the hubbers are wise to your over inflated prices then just put your item in the Junkmail . There is will sell no matter what the price .

Just not cricket chap !!

I tell you what peeez me off more than anything, is the Fubbers who post an "I am selling this AMAZING bike/part/piece" and they don't include PICTURES of the (real) item. Doesn't matter what price you want, I 'aint buying!

NOTE: A screengrab fro CRC ar BID or BUY won't DO!

Timewasters!

:cursing:

Oh, goodie, this issue again. Yay! Any news on that recurring threads forum yet?

Oh, goodie, this issue again. Yay! Any news on that recurring threads forum yet?

I'll get the popcorn

Taking bets on pages reached??

I scheme 8.

Today

Edited by The Drongo

Taking bets on pages reached??

I scheme 8.

Today

I reckon at least 8 before my lunchtime beer...

So it really gets me when you see these guys who have taken upon themselves to price regulate all the other hubbers!

When someone posts something for sale, the poor guy is attacked and his price beaten down just because

3 months, 2 days, 4 hours and 17 seconds ago someone else sold the same thing for 13.5% less! Or someone can import something

at a better price or the best one yet... Your item should be at least 14% cheaper because you not a VAT vendor! Shows you the intelligence levels! If you not a VAT vendor you can't claim input, thus it should 14% higher if anything?

If a hubber wants to sell for a higher price or even resell something he bought previously to make a profit, isn't that his prerogative? If bike shop A is more expensive then bike shop B, you dont give the former trouble... You just go to the latter.

Should be the same here!

Thanks, rant over!

Wow! You should feel lucky, all i am looking for is some response. :D

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/100353-road-and-mtb-items-for-sale/page__p__1356100__hl__road+and+mtb+__fromsearch__1#entry1356100

Oh, sorry, then, how much for the pedals without the shoes?

don't want to split up the set..sorry! (Jokes)

R150 and smarties!

Edited by Chubba

I feel like ranting. What pisses me off is people who come along and complain about pricing on your sale without doing their homework.

They come along and say "I can get Y brand new for only 20% more than what you're selling it second hand". I want to sell for a reasonable price, so I go and spend time doing some homework on Y. Turns out that their version of Y has a lower spec than what I'm selling (i.e. my price is good) or they've gone and done something stupid like forget import duties or shipping charges (my price is good).

The other irritating one I've experienced (though not on the Hub) is "I can get it for that using special dealer prices from my close cousin", which is a bit unfair on me since they're the only person in the country actually eligible for those special prices.