Single speed projects

divernick

Nice ... just how smooth is that tensioner and do you get any "slap" from it?

It's a Fireye Spur and has a wee grub screw to adjust the limit/angle on the tensioner - adjust it right and there is very little movement and no slap. It's pretty smooth - not buttery but quiet.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a Fireye Spur and has a wee grub screw to adjust the limit/angle on the tensioner - adjust it right and there is very little movement and no slap. It's pretty smooth - not buttery but quiet.

Thanks.

I used a good old DMR before and was never happy with it ... that was one of the reasons I bought the Inbred.

I did seriously consider this tensioner, but then the frame came along and one thing let to another. :)

Thanks.

I used a good old DMR before and was never happy with it ... that was one of the reasons I bought the Inbred.

I did seriously consider this tensioner, but then the frame came along and one thing let to another. :)

I had a dedicated SS frame - a Singular - and hated it. Awesome frame but the EBB concept is ***. Every time you change ratio you have to adjust the BB and then adjust your seat post to keep your seat height the same. The EBB only has about a 2 tooth adjustment in it. *** idea all round.

Sliders are nice but you need to adjust your caliper most times. *** idea.

The whole idea of SS is to make things simpler not more complicated! My tensioner can handle 15-19 teeth sprockets and takes under 3 mins to change. Brilliant. Pity it's not as clean though - nothing cooler than a "proper" SS...

I had a dedicated SS frame - a Singular - and hated it. Awesome frame but the EBB concept is ***. Every time you change ratio you have to adjust the BB and then adjust your seat post to keep your seat height the same. The EBB only has about a 2 tooth adjustment in it. *** idea all round.

The whole idea of SS is to make things simpler not more complicated! My tensioner can handle 15-19 teeth sprockets and takes under 3 mins to change. Brilliant. Pity it's not as clean though - nothing cooler than a "proper" SS...

As we should never forget: It's not about the bike (as long as it's single speed and fun)

True ... I just leave the ratio as it is though ... far simpler than playing around with different cogs :)

Agreed. Never could my head around the EBB concept. My new bike has Paragon style sliders and they are the best thing since sliced bread. Disc caliper is always aligned with the wheel, so no adjusting of the caliper when changing rear cogs.

• 2 months later...

Nice looking build Metzet!

How's she ride?

Are you bringing her out to play at Critical Mass?

Edited by divernick

Nice looking build Metzet!

How's she ride?

Are you bringing her out to play at Critical Mass?

thanks !

yeah, she rides well, reckon I might need a chain tensioner though ..

should be on the road for the next CM :thumbup:

Best bike I ever owned.

283760_10150907160616557_668026122_n.jpg

Can't wait to get some distance in on it.

...is that swallow on the headtube?....awesome bike