Single speed projects

divernick

My single speed.

Tried to convert as cheap as possible - spacers, 18t sprocket, tensioner and 8speed chain worked out ± R530.

Used existing 32 middle chain ring.

Enjoying every minute on the bike except the real steep stuff, still need to strengthen the legs a bit

:-)

Nice .i see you have removed the gaurd of the tensioner .The BMX thicker chains gets caught on the sides.Enjoy riding my SS for 18 months .Building another one using a on-one inbred frame

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried using the same tensioner ,but the chain ,if it is a SS spesific like yours that is thicker ,gets caught on the gaurd .Have gone back to Da Bomb tensioner.Or you can remove it like in the pic of Neill71 bike

No, the guard is still there. Just out of view on the pic. No problems with the 8speed chain.

I have tried using the same tensioner ,but the chain ,if it is a SS spesific like yours that is thicker ,gets caught on the gaurd .Have gone back to Da Bomb tensioner.Or you can remove it like in the pic of Neill71 bike

I took it for a 40km ride on Saturday and there seems to be no issues. It is only a temporary solution for me though. My Horizontal dropouts will be fitted in the next few weeks

Da bomb tensioner .Works well and easy to change back sprocketpost-26961-0-50010300-1374433254_thumb.jpg

Nice ... I really like that you don't have half a kilometer of chain being tensioned like some other setups I have seen!

Would love to know how much she weighs in at?

Da bomb tensioner .Works well and easy to change back sprocketpost-26961-0-50010300-1374433254_thumb.jpg

Oh, you need to toss those other rings on the crank :)

She weighs 10.4kg .I will put on a SS spesific sprocket 36 teeth later and toss the rest .The lockout fork was a used one that i got for 2k and works great .Rigid fork is not lekker .Wheelset does the job and cost only 2k for the pair without tyres

Guys please help me out, i am busy with a single speed project and need some assistance, i have put together most of the items already but i still need a rigid fork, now the problem is i have a set of 15mm through axle wheels that i would like to use for this build but i havent seen any through axle forks available, can i get a rigid with a through axle or should i use an adapter and change the wheel to a QR? what would be the best option?

She weighs 10.4kg .I will put on a SS spesific sprocket 36 teeth later and toss the rest .The lockout fork was a used one that i got for 2k and works great .Rigid fork is not lekker .Wheelset does the job and cost only 2k for the pair without tyres

Your first SS is always better when is used from what you have left over, can find, beg or borrow. It is much more satisfying riding and having much more fun on something that cost almost nothing :)

Guys please help me out, i am busy with a single speed project and need some assistance, i have put together most of the items already but i still need a rigid fork, now the problem is i have a set of 15mm through axle wheels that i would like to use for this build but i havent seen any through axle forks available, can i get a rigid with a through axle or should i use an adapter and change the wheel to a QR? what would be the best option?

Rather get a lockout fork if you want to keep on riding your SS .I do races with mine and train on it a lot .Rigid is just uncomfortable and may put you off eventually

Hi Blitzer

thanks for the suggestions but i intend keeping my geared racebike and want to build up a rigid (light) training singlespeed, if the bug really bites i may consider converting the lefty into a singlespeed too

Hi Blitzer

thanks for the suggestions but i intend keeping my geared racebike and want to build up a rigid (light) training singlespeed, if the bug really bites i may consider converting the lefty into a singlespeed too

I'm trying to get some of the Chinese carbon suppliers to start producing some, will let you know if I an find any :)

Rigid is great, just chuck some decent grips on there and run a slightly lower tire pressure.

I'm trying to get some of the Chinese carbon suppliers to start producing some, will let you know if I an find any :)

Rigid is great, just chuck some decent grips on there and run a slightly lower tire pressure.

I don't mis my fork at all!

Hi Face PLant.

There is only one option that I know of. The Niner RDO rigid fork. See pics of it on my build on the previous page. The issue is be prepared to spend quite a bit and you need a tapered headset frame.