Liezel vd Westhuizen crashes - out of ironman PE

Shebeen

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a newbie and I get told daily how *** I am, sometimes even with a klap or two :(

hey, I only clap you back!

you're kidding, right?

where should i start?! - a week in hospital to learn how to walk??

Report says she is learning to walk with crutches...not learning to walk again from scratch.

One of the problems the internet has introduced is that in this electronic village, all the village idiots have internet access :rolleyes:

+ 100000000

http://www.jacarandafm.com/kagiso/media_stream/kagiso/1/batch_76/760806/images/PIC.jpg

I have never seen a Ironman shirt look that good before.

my time for ironman? never done it. i'm a little bit anti-ironman to be brutally honest.

overpriced, overhyped imho. The masses are welcome to dedicate 6 months of their life to it, I'd much rather spend my time, money and effort elsewhere on events i find a bit more rewarding. Don't think i'd have a problem finishing it though.

so, whilst we're all throwing arrows here, what's your time chief?

Damn - I was hoping you'd lay down the marker but alas it's up to me...

Let the appendage measuring wars begin!

My worst Argus time is 2:55

For all you guys running her down. Consider for a moment that as she is a cyclist, she could also be a Hubber. Immagine if she reads some of these comments.

Liezel has done the Ironman. I actually saw her running in the dark minutes before the cut off. I think the cut off is 17 hours, and she finished in 16-something. Could be wrong.

To each his own; I'm not someone who would want to do the Ironman like that {and I've done it once already}but it's still commendable that she finished it. I don't know how serious her crash was, but if she is on crutches 3 weeks before the Ironman and can't go to work I can't see Ironman being realistic, even if you want to do it in 16:59. But that's me.

Damn - I was hoping you'd lay down the marker but alas it's up to me...

Let the appendage measuring wars begin!

My worst Argus time is 2:55

I did a 4 hour something Argus in my first Argus, which included a few flat tyres and walking. Best time just over 3 hours.

look - i dont think she is the brightest, but i have to respect her for getting out their and competing. who cares if she did a 3 4 or 5 hr argus etc. and if she has done an ironman - you cant just wake up and decide to do something like that. We should all be applauding the fact that public figures are raising some sort of awareness to cycling -even if it is one event every year

well done

Thumbs up to her for knowing how punishing the IM is having done it, but still wanting to do it again.

I know cyclists that did the 94.7/Argus and swore never to do it again.

This site seems to be full of school yard bullies who haven't moved on from the playground yet.

This thread is another example of people who like to throw their little barbs from the sidelines. What exactly did this lady do to warrant being targeted?

Liezl, sorry to hear about the fall. Hope you recover in time for your iron man. All the best.

+ 1...

(didn't you know that there aren't place for newbies. YOu go buy your bike , and then you're Gods gift to cycling, you even get the body with it to ride the bike for you, that finish the Argus in 3 hours, and never crashes.) :huh:

Good God! Well you certainly aren't God's gift to grammar. Stick to riding!

SteveCT, and any idiot who seems to share his shoolyard bully mentality - GROW UP!

I happen to know Liezel personally and have been to the hospital after her accident. She has been seriously injured and feels let down about the fact that she won't be able to participate in this year's Iron Man Challenge. Not only is her injury a fact, but she has also taken part in Iron Man before. Successfully, I might add.

To now suddenly turn around and superficially apologise about your tactless rant, blaming the staff at YOU Magazine for a poor reporting job, is probably even more tactless in itself. WHO READS YOU MAGAZINE!?

Get a job, or a lover or something normal in your life. You must be very sad and lonely if you enjoy berating people in such a public way.

This site seems to be full of school yard bullies who haven't moved on from the playground yet.

This thread is another example of people who like to throw their little barbs from the sidelines. What exactly did this lady do to warrant being targeted?

Liezl, sorry to hear about the fall. Hope you recover in time for your iron man. All the best.

She's FAMOUS. Like Charlie Sheen. Comes with the territory, and sometimes OSCAR.