Formula 1...

'Dale

couch-sleeping.jpg

I quite enjoyed the race.

Yes the cars this year are terrible in that they are really not condusive to overtaking but I can still appreciate a performance like Vettels.

Hamilton really out of sorts though.......

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

couch-sleeping.jpg

Ditto. 

I used to love F1 a couple of years ago, but recently it's turned into a goddam snoozefest. It's just so difficult to get excited for a race. There's hardly ever any action at the front of the field, just the midpack drivers rallying for some points.  

Maybe the should make the hypersoft the hardest compound. Running ultrasoft for more than 50 laps makes the whole tyre compound a farce.

Maybe the should make the hypersoft the hardest compound. Running ultrasoft for more than 50 laps makes the whole tyre compound a farce.

They need to have bigger performance differences between the tyres. 50 laps isn't the problem, as the pace is slow, but then the softer option should be at least 2secs a lap quicker and last say 20 or 30 laps.

The strategies are just too "safe". 

This might end up in tears

AMRBR_Honda.jpg

Let's see. Will be interesting to see what happens with their Aston deal. Also with Aston threatening to enter the game in 2021 there could be another change.

I hope it works out for them - I'd love to see Ric a WDC and it's great having 3 teams fighting for wins

They need to have bigger performance differences between the tyres. 50 laps isn't the problem, as the pace is slow, but then the softer option should be at least 2secs a lap quicker and last say 20 or 30 laps.

The strategies are just too "safe". 

Agreed. And the compounds should almost guarantee two stops. 1 Stopping leaves little room for killer alternative strategy. Not enough variation. May as well give them all one compound to run that will last half a race distance. 

This might end up in tears

AMRBR_Honda.jpg

Joh.... no pressure for Honda

Dietrich Mateschitz will tear them another ass hole if they don’t perform

I've just watched my first few laps of FP2. I'm glad the drivers know which way to go. Those aerial views are very confusing.

I've just watched my first few laps of FP2. I'm glad the drivers know which way to go. Those aerial views are very confusing.

I would take a wrong turn!

Agreed. And the compounds should almost guarantee two stops. 1 Stopping leaves little room for killer alternative strategy. Not enough variation. May as well give them all one compound to run that will last half a race distance.

Pirelli have stated how it's actually really difficult to make a tyre that F1 wants, it's apparently a lot easier to make a tyre last longer..

One of the better suggestions I've hear lately is to rather have large gaps in compounds, so instead of the selected weekend compounds being HS/US/SS, it should rather be HS/SS/M. Could be a simple solution really..

Pirelli have stated how it's actually really difficult to make a tyre that F1 wants, it's apparently a lot easier to make a tyre last longer..

One of the better suggestions I've hear lately is to rather have large gaps in compounds, so instead of the selected weekend compounds being HS/US/SS, it should rather be HS/SS/M. Could be a simple solution really..

do you guys think there's room for tyres that lets say would last 20 laps ( 30 if drivers push it ) but have super hero levels of grip vs. less grippy tyres that last 40/50 laps.

I think 2 stop races should be common place