Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great race! But you have to feel for Ferrari.... luck and 50/50 calls just not going their way  this season.

I kind of get the feeling that the stewards erred on the side of caution on the LeClerc/ Verstappen incident. To me it was a bit too forceful, and for consistency should have been penalised. But I don't think they wanted a repeat of the Vettel/Ham incident where the first one over the line did not win. That was very very unpopular and put a big dent in F1's popularity, and to have done it at Red Bulls home race in front of all those dutch supporters, would have been another very unpopular one.

And so nice to see Merc, especially Ham struggling!

I cannot believe those who are justifying Max’s overtake in the bend...

Firstly, he brakes too late to make the apex of the corner, therefore he was not in total control of the car! He was never going to be able to leave room for both cars. Therefore, a dangerous maneuver

Secondly, the deliberate late-braking into the corner is only ever going to result in the other driver being “impeded” from getting traction onto the racing line out of the corner and being forced off the track. According to Max, the opponent should have backed off....Really????

And thirdly, while it sounds very mucho to have the attitude of “if that’s not a racing incident then we might as well stay at home” is so blasé when the shoe is on the other foot. My take is: if it’s fair racing to drive an opponent out of the track, then what was pain that Hamilton suffered to incur a 5 point penalty on Vettel? Oh, Hamilton was prevented from overtaking = penalty and Max driving opponent off the track limits = racing incident... (I don’t think I can get over this)

Firstly, he brakes too late to make the apex of the corner, therefore he was not in total control of the car! He was never going to be able to leave room for both cars. Therefore, a dangerous maneuver

Secondly, the deliberate late-braking into the corner is only ever going to result in the other driver being “impeded” from getting traction onto the racing line out of the corner and being forced off the track. According to Max, the opponent should have backed off....Really????

And thirdly, while it sounds very mucho to have the attitude of “if that’s not a racing incident then we might as well stay at home” is so blasé when the shoe is on the other foot. My take is: if it’s fair racing to drive an opponent out of the track, then what was pain that Hamilton suffered to incur a 5 point penalty on Vettel? Oh, Hamilton was prevented from overtaking = penalty and Max driving opponent off the track limits = racing incident... (I don’t think I can get over this)

Good point. Either the 5s Vettel penalty vs Hamilton or this non-penalty of Verstappen is Farcical.

The inconsistency is shocking.

What a great race! But you have to feel for Ferrari.... luck and 50/50 calls just not going their way this season.

I kind of get the feeling that the stewards erred on the side of caution on the LeClerc/ Verstappen incident. To me it was a bit too forceful, and for consistency should have been penalised. But I don't think they wanted a repeat of the Vettel/Ham incident where the first one over the line did not win. That was very very unpopular and put a big dent in F1's popularity, and to have done it at Red Bulls home race in front of all those dutch supporters, would have been another very unpopular one.

And so nice to see Merc, especially Ham struggling!

I wonder about the view that the stewards may have been seeking to avoid a similar outcome to have a winner declared who was not first over the line...

Firstly, sure you will agree that should absolutely never be a consideration for the stewards, and I sincerely hope that was not the case.

But, wouldn’t it have been prudent then of the stewards to have their decision made as timely as possible. I know there are standard procedures such as interviews etc etc that follow a race - but how do they allow interviews on the basis of a decision that is pending!!!! How on earth can a winner be declared in the event that there is a review decision in progress??? It boggles my mind, I cannot think of another sport that declares a winner or awards points, while the stewards/umpires/referees are reviewing a decision on an incident.

This is what is killing F1...

Max is a super talented driver, but equally he has a serious chip on his shoulder and is a prick.

Yes this is esport racing but still speaks to his attitude, get out my way or else, been that way from his carting days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsFSNsgU-J4

Watch from 2:20 to 2:50ish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugyKGUXRSsg

Watch from 0:35

The deliberation took several hours.

LeClerc would've cried himself to sleep.

So close. Again.

Certainly spices up the ol F1.

The deliberation took several hours.

LeClerc would've cried himself to sleep.

So close. Again.

Certainly spices up the ol F1.

It’s like LeClerc taking a penalty for being in the way of a faster Mad Max...

Max drive aggressively and I feel he took the win fair but aggressively, gutted for Charles but at least redbull and Ferrari seem to be getting closer to merc

Did anyone see how close the Williams were to force India in qualifying

When the first replay of the incident was shown, I remember thinking that Max very slightly straightened his steering, causing the knock on Le Clerc, and that this was likely going to be investigated. Later after it was announced that the stewards were looking into the incident, and watching the replay over and over, I confirmed my initial thoughts, that Max did indeed not necessarily turn "into" Le Clerc, but he also did not try and avoid him either.

Racing on the limit? Professional foul?

You be the judge.

I suspect that Ferrari will take the Hamster and Verstappen incidents in their stride, and as the saying goes, 'what does not kill you, makes you stronger'. Watch for a strong reply on the track, where it matters most.

Good point. Either the 5s Vettel penalty vs Hamilton or this non-penalty of Verstappen is Farcical.

The inconsistency is shocking.

and that is why I did not watch the race. I caught some of the qualifying on saturday. Always more exciting too.

But still, a stomping drive from Max nonetheless, from his dismal start to where he ended.

As much as I think Verstappen should've been penalised for the LeClerc pass, he did drive a phenomenal race. Can't remember, but didn't he lap his team mate?