Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

F1 is really at a all time low. After watching Le Mans last week, this race was a utter borefest. Really not bothered anymore.

True as bob: tuned in late due to couldntcarelessness and almost the full first lap I watched I thought they were behind a safety car! Seriously. Still don't know how Rosberg won orchow Massa jumped Vettel. Not too bothered either.

I'm slowly becoming apathetic to F1. There is no point in tuning in, as there will be two Mercs in the front at the start of the race and two Mercs on the top two steps of the podium. It's ridiculous. 

I don't know how they plan on breathing new life into F1, but the current model is killing the sport. 

F1 is just not competative at all. It favours the lead car as it is extremely difficult to make up ground to try and overtake. The moment the leader has a 3 sec lead and dont make mistakes the race is his. Maybe they should allow drs at anytime in the race

The red bull ring is a stunning track, not many overtaking opportunities though.

The race, while a bit boring, was pretty entertaining for me. It might be boring seeing the Merc running around in formation, there is something in watching them churn out quali paced laps trying to force the other into a mistake. Shows some real skill even.if it does exclude everyone else.

The Force Indias seem to have taken a step forward. The Ferrari also seems to be improving. The big bugbear is the Mercedes factory team and unfortunately everyone else is racing for third onwards. I really hope Rosberg can keep up his performance, tired of sulking Hamilton but really enjoying it too.

I feel for the Mclarens though, at this rate they may as well call it a day. They don't need luck, they need a miracle!!!!

Hideousness has a new face........

post-35569-0-92731100-1435214864_thumb.jpg

Even more disappointing is the way Rosberg dominated the test  in Austria yesterday.

0.8sec ahead of the 2nd runner, while nursing a gearbox problem.

Hideousness has a new face........

attachicon.gifAU1329700.jpg

Even more disappointing is the way Rosberg dominated the test  in Austria yesterday.

0.8sec ahead of the 2nd runner, while nursing a gearbox problem.

Yeah, and he was running a setup tailored to Silverstone. Not good news. Add in the tokens they still have left and 2016 is looking rather bleak as well. 

There was some talk this week to give Renault and Honda free reign to develop their engines to catch up. It's no good for F1 to have them struggling like this and it wouldn't be long before both go racing somewhere else as it doesn't make sense to get steam rolled like this week in and week out.

Still, credit to Merc for nailing the engine project. 

Force India is definitely on the up. Ful B-Spec car will run for the first time at Silverstone. Should make the mid-field battle quite tight. 

Yeah, and he was running a setup tailored to Silverstone. Not good news. Add in the tokens they still have left and 2016 is looking rather bleak as well. 

There was some talk this week to give Renault and Honda free reign to develop their engines to catch up. It's no good for F1 to have them struggling like this and it wouldn't be long before both go racing somewhere else as it doesn't make sense to get steam rolled like this week in and week out.

Still, credit to Merc for nailing the engine project. 

Force India is definitely on the up. Ful B-Spec car will run for the first time at Silverstone. Should make the mid-field battle quite tight. 

Jip a bit ominous, and Silverstone is such a fast track The Mercs will thrive.

I expect the Williams will be hounding the Ferraris too.

Please everybody start praying for rain!!!!!! Not too much so the race is cancelled but enough to create a level playing field.

• 2 weeks later...

Jip a bit ominous, and Silverstone is such a fast track The Mercs will thrive.

I expect the Williams will be hounding the Ferraris too.

Please everybody start praying for rain!!!!!! Not too much so the race is cancelled but enough to create a level playing field.

The rainy moments made for awesome racing hey

The rainy moments made for awesome racing hey

I missed the race unfortunately.

I believe it was interesting even though it was the same old result.

Must be honest and say that I used to make sure that I could watch the races, postpone or move other things that may have cropped up. Nowadays reading the after race review is fine by me. They need to do something to liven things up now. Getting a bit tedious, would rather have a 2 hour cycle, or anything else for that matter, instead of watching.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, it was probably for the best. Wouldn't have had a very good quality of life with his injuries.

Saw a quote of his this weekend where about 2 years ago he said if he never won the championship in his lifetime, he would be happy if he died trying.

Thought it was quite something considering what happened.