Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New Red Bull colors

http://cdn-8.motorsport.com/images/amp/0RB8ZPA0/s6/f1-prezentatsiya-livrei-red-bull-racing-2016-livreya-mashiny-red-bull-racing-rb12-na-2016-go.jpg

...and here's the Ferrari. Interesting the white in and around the cockpit. Will take some getting used to. Reminds me of some of the older cars in that aspect.

The proof will be what happens on track.

post-9887-0-11414900-1455889746_thumb.jpg

This is the first time in 45 years of following F1 that I'm not actually interested in watching any of the races. I might just watch the occasional 5 minute highlight package on Catchup

This is the first time in 45 years of following F1 that I'm not actually interested in watching any of the races. I might just watch the occasional 5 minute highlight package on Catchup

I'm already there with F1 (for a few years), EPL/BPL, all cricket. Catchup is more than enough

I'm already there with F1 (for a few years), EPL/BPL, all cricket. Catchup is more than enough

If the whiney one runs away with it in the first race, catch up it is.

Haas, McLaren and Merc launched yesterday with Sauber showing a new paint job. We should know soon enough what 2016 holds.

They should make it like "who's line is it anyway", where everything is made up and points don't count.

Just put the names in a hat and draw the grid positions the morning of the race. Let Bernie install his randomly activated sprinklers and throw in a few traffic circles along the main straights while they're at it.

This is becoming a bit of a joke.....................

In other news, the MotoGP rule changes seem like they may be spot on, lets see. Maybe F1 can take a few lessons if it pans out.

If they didn't make the rubbish rules to start with, they would not have needed additional even worse rules to try and rectify it. (Keeping that sentence "clean" took a LOT of restraint and retyping!)  As soon as something is innovated, it gets banned or rule-bombed to death. 

Call me old-fashioned... Point the guys to the track, let them innovate the sheet out of it, let them race. That's what the game used to be, right? That's also why the cars look alike. Well, worsened by the fact that most seems hellbent on making it black, grey or silver... Gone are the days where you could paint cars the same colour and immediately recognise the T1 from the 72, the M23 from the T2 or P34, the Lotus 79 from the T4, the FW07 from the RE20 and th BT50 - and so on! 

Overtaking is not the issue - it's constant interference! And changing the rules every time in the name of leveling the financial gap - rubbish! It just worsens it if the bottom teams now ALSO have to redevelop from scratch.