Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was a professional foul. He was stuck in 7th gear and would not finish. Rather give the instruction and take the time penalty afterwards

Now at least we know what the default penalty is for this infringement.

Next time a team should just say to the driver. "If we tell you, its going to be a 10 second penalty, is it worth it to know?".

If you have this type of situation close to your pitstop, it might be better to pit, get fresh rubber and have the race engineer push the button for you on the steering wheel. It should take 2 or 3 seconds longer, not 10, and you are not p!zzing off Charlie in the process.

Next time a team should just say to the driver. "If we tell you, its going to be a 10 second penalty, is it worth it to know?".

If you have this type of situation close to your pitstop, it might be better to pit, get fresh rubber and have the race engineer push the button for you on the steering wheel. It should take 2 or 3 seconds longer, not 10, and you are not p!zzing off Charlie in the process.

I think each incident will be judged on merit. Can't see the 10 seconds being a hard and fast rule. He was penalized and dropped a position with the 10second penalty but if it were him leading I think it would've been different.

I was a bit shocked at how long it took them to award the penalty. 3 or 4 hours just shows they are winging it!!! Ridiculous

Its

Its a pretty stupid rule in the first place, but I agree - now we can expect teams to take the chance - precedent has been set.    Would have been well worth Hamilton's while to take the 10 sec penalty in baku - he lost 4 or 5 times that in about 20 laps IIRC

Edited by dracs

• 2 weeks later...

The rumour has been going around for a while. A certain Mr Brawn could be inline as a replacement.

Yeah, his wife died and the kids are still in the UK so understandably he wants to return. 'm sure we will see him pop up at Renault soon enough. 

Brawn has come out with a firm "no", but you never know. The weekend Ferrari was moaning about the Allison rumours and three days later BOOM!

They should just sign James Key and be done with it

Actually saw a bit of the GP yesterday. These rules are grinding my knee cartilage.

How the heck can they justify a 5 sec penalty for Nico (no, not a fan...) yet Max's stunt in Hungary was acceptable?! Surely just pushing the guy out (to a concrete run-off area) when you have the inside line is much less (if even) of a transgression than multiple direction switches?

Track limit transgressions are also not consistent. Plenty of drivers were given warnings in Hungary, but nothing yesterday.

Management of tyres pissed me off yesterday as well. Drivers being told to look after their rubber after only 2 laps. Quite pathetic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ffb7c371a503456bd2a29a212f969433.jpg

My thoughts exactly. I love F1, but I've fallen out of love with it. I'm hardly ever excited to think that a race is coming up.