Formula 1...

'Dale

The way I see it Hamilton was over-eager. Rosberg got the better of him with an amazing move and he saw red. Yes Rosberg ran him out wide but he made his one allowed move. For me it was Hamiltons fault, he thought he could intimidate Rosberg and this time it didn't happen. I can see how it could be seen differently though.

You must admit thought that Ricciardo was royally screwed by the strategy they chose for him. Yes Verstappen drove well and deserved the win but had Ric been on a 2 stopper I believe he would've won.

Red bull does not like Australian drivers, they much prefer young guns ;)

Mark Webber should tell Ricardo how this is going to play out....

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You must admit thought that Ricciardo was royally screwed by the strategy they chose for him. Yes Verstappen drove well and deserved the win but had Ric been on a 2 stopper I believe he would've won.

True. And so too was Vettel. Found it strange that they pulled him in after only 9/10 laps on the soft tire when he was that much faster than the two leading cars. 

60/40 Hamilton's fault

Hamilton screwed up start,  Rosberg screwed up turn 3 and went late to the right to defend.

Rosberg was in the wrong engine mode (should have switched at the start apparently) so did not have all the horses on tap. Hamilton said somewhere he was going 17km/h faster at that point.

Renault to debut upgraded engine at Monaco Grand Prix

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/renault-to-debut-upgraded-engine-at-monaco-grand-prix-738690/

Prepare for some drama though as...

"...with one engine available [each] for both the works outfit and Red Bull – has meant the two outfits have had to make a call on which driver gets it.

Neither team has yet confirmed its plans, but the likelihood is that the power units will go to the drivers ahead in the championship - Kevin Magnussen at Renault and Daniel Ricciardo at Red Bull."

I couldn't believe it at first. The fact that all three walked away is incredible.

I do agree with Wolff's comments though. As good as Verstappen appears to be, I still believe he is way to young for the sport.

Edited by Baldrick

I couldn't believe it at first. The fact that all three walked away is incredible.

I do agree with Wolff's comments though. As good as Verstappen appears to be, I still believe he is way to young for the sport.

I struggle to take anything Wolff says seriously, personally.

So I don't really follow F1, but I follow motorsport news. F1 is banning dropping of tear-offs on the circuit, so the drivers now have to put them in the cockpit or something, or if you're Fernando, you might have a different opinion:

"We have different solutions that we will find tomorrow,” he said, referring to opening practice for the Monaco Grand Prix, “We'll try a couple and, tomorrow, we will find a place – although some of these places I cannot tell you now because it's 18+! 

LOL!!
Edited by bertusras

A photoshopped picture of Kimi. Is the smile real?

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/512/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2016/5/26/3e0b6a73-627f-4dad-be93-0553e7b09d12.jpg

The family of ex-Formula 1 racing driver Jules Bianchi are taking legal action following the 25-year-old Frenchman's death last year.

Bianchi suffered fatal head injuries when his car collided with a mobile crane at the Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka in October 2014.

Lawyers for the Bianchi family are planning litigation against F1's governing body, Team Marussia, for whom Bianchi was driving, and the Formula 1 Group of companies who control television and media rights.