Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sad state of affairs when the highlight of the race was drivers whinging about blue flags

http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.55715512.6459/ra,unisex_tshirt,x1000,353d77:4d8b4ffd91,front-c,235,200,225,294-bg,f8f8f8.u8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Verstappen gets third place. No wait now it's Vettel. Oops now it's Ricciardo. When will Kimi get his turn?

Verstappen gets third place. No wait now it's Vettel. Oops now it's Ricciardo. When will Kimi get his turn?

Finally! some excitement in F1...

Finally! some excitement in F1...

More like podium musical chairs.

I watched the 9 minute highlight package on catchup this morning. A sad state of affairs when over half the coverage is given to onboard footage of the start.

Sebastian Vettel  needs a tight slap....got to be the biggest farking cry baby ever in F1.

I don't think there's been a race this season he hasn't cried like a girl about cars holding him up...or whatever else he can moan about.

As for yesterday, insulting other drivers and race officials was just ridiculous. Wanker!

Rant over........

So Verstappen gets penalized for the same thing Hamilton wasnt penalized for..........

Yeah initially after the start i was also bleating about Hamilton getting away with that.

However... after watching a replay of Hamilton's and Verstappen's excursions i see a difference in the 2 events which may have influenced race directors decision.

Verstappen could have turned back onto the track earlier before the chicane... there was still a lot of tar in front of him on his right and not a lot of traffic behind him.

Hamilton was closer to the chicane, had less space and probably would have caused an accident if he had tried to re-join before the chicane. 

The rules are just getting out of hand with all these if's and buts... simple solution is that you must re-join where or as close as possible to where you went off...none of this carrying straight on and thinking about giving a place back....

you make a mistake and run off you pay the full price

Cant believe i just stuck up for Hamilton :blush:  :blush:  :blush: 

Im with you Swissvan, my general complaint these days is that F1 is becoming quite a boring affair.

I think a big contributor is that there are no real penalties anymore for driver error. The tracks are being watered down in the name of safety, which I understand is important.

But think, a few years back that would have been a nice deep gravel trap, or heaven forbid a wall, as opposed to a concrete parking lot.

Dont get me started on electronics........

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

a nice deep gravel trap

That's where I agree as well. The risk to push the track limits is much lower. It should be simple, if you grossly exceed the track limits, your race should be over, or severely compromised.

Ja, the way it used to be - before some smartazz decided gravel traps are too dangerous. 

And then some Hamster took shortcut through a chicane on Spa, overtaking Massa - and used the defence that it's not stated that he can't do it... so now we have these sheety rules about white lines. Before that EVERYBODY ran wide out of Ascari and it was a hyper cool slingshot onto the straight. Our friend Murray Walker got waxing lyrical about Nige running wide out of Spa hairpin to cool down his wets outside the track on a drying track.

We all could go on... I think the sport is in a sorry state. In years past I used to be all adrenalin having set alarms for early races and all. Now...? I miss mid-day races.

• 2 weeks later...

This is absolute BS. Yeah, I'm watching an F1 race again - due to the timing of the race. 

How the fff... do they rule a race to start behind a safety car and then the guys come in for inter the moment they switch the race on?! And that when the have more aggressive race tires in the garage?! 

Sorry, all for rider safety... but seriously?! They've driven under much worse conditions than this, plus drivers have had accident and (yes...) died in dry conditions.

Start a race under safety car ONLY if the cars cannot ride on anything else than extreme wets! Otherwise, just race. This is becoming a joke. You cannot have guys circulating behind a "safety car" and the change to the 3rd level of wet tires just after they are released. 

All of this having enjoyed a kick-azz MotoGP weekend... Qualifying, plus all three races were better than any of this. 

I don't watch much, but that drive from Max Verstappen was one of the best I've seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk