Formula 1...

'Dale

1 hour ago, aiyaaz said:

To say that in front of all the Mexican fans out there was such a p%^ thing to do, honestly. Sergio was on the pace all weekend and in his 2nd stint had the best avg lap time until Bottas boxed for new rubber. To not give Sergio credit for just upping his game is just such poor form.

He's just revealed how much of a *&%&*% he really is

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Driver of the day was always going to be Perez given the circuit so long as he kept his nose clean. I was not impressed. He did what he is paid to do. 

kimi I thought deserved it. Ahead of the alpines , McLarens an other more fancied teams. 

1 hour ago, IceCreamMan said:

Driver of the day was always going to be Perez given the circuit so long as he kept his nose clean. I was not impressed. He did what he is paid to do. 

kimi I thought deserved it. Ahead of the alpines , McLarens an other more fancied teams. 

Mentally I voted Checo, probably because he was pushing Lewis. He would have deserved it more had he managed the overtake.

I did wonder where he suddenly found this form from and where its been all year long till now.

But I'd vote for Kimi too. He'll be missed next year.

8 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Mentally I voted Checo, probably because he was pushing Lewis. He would have deserved it more had he managed the overtake.

I did wonder where he suddenly found this form from and where its been all year long till now.

But I'd vote for Kimi too. He'll be missed next year.

He stopped using Max' car setup in Hungary and started ising his own setup and has been fighting at the front ever since

He just needed to figure out how to drive the redbull

10 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

He stopped using Max' car setup in Hungary and started ising his own setup and has been fighting at the front ever since

He just needed to figure out how to drive the redbull

Lets hope he's found his mojo because that means more misery for Wolff and Hamilton next year. This on top of Russel not likely to back off from racing Lewis now that he has Bottas' seat.

I think next season is going to be fun.

Perez is just performing at a level which is the minimum expectations given the car. 

Gasly is going on largely unnoticed but he is the star performer I reckon. (Apart from max) 

3 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Lets hope he's found his mojo because that means more misery for Wolff and Hamilton next year. This on top of Russel not likely to back off from racing Lewis now that he has Bottas' seat.

I think next season is going to be fun.

I'm afraid Russel's wings are going to be very clipped....

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/990780/1/russell-warned-about-mercedes-boundaries-racing-against-hamilton

10 minutes ago, Andymann said:

I would guess that was the likely outcome, but I really don't see Russel playing that game for too long. He oozes talent and just needs the right car to become a challenger. He knows that, and I don't expect him to just sit on his laurels and let Lewis take win after win just because he's Lewis.

And honestly I think Toto also knows that. He's playing the long game with George Russel, knowing that when Lewis retires from F1 he has a suitable driver who has the talent and experience to carry the team forward post Lewis. And this is the reason I believe Hamilton was so miffed at Toto bringing Russel onboard. Lewis is starting to show cracks in his armour, and Russel will fully exploit them.

The only years I ever semi-supported Merc was when Nico Rosberg was challenging for the wins. Maybe we have another Rosberg in the making as much as the media spin is trying to deny that fact. We can only hope.

27 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I would guess that was the likely outcome, but I really don't see Russel playing that game for too long. He oozes talent and just needs the right car to become a challenger. He knows that, and I don't expect him to just sit on his laurels and let Lewis take win after win just because he's Lewis.

And honestly I think Toto also knows that. He's playing the long game with George Russel, knowing that when Lewis retires from F1 he has a suitable driver who has the talent and experience to carry the team forward post Lewis. And this is the reason I believe Hamilton was so miffed at Toto bringing Russel onboard. Lewis is starting to show cracks in his armour, and Russel will fully exploit them.

The only years I ever semi-supported Merc was when Nico Rosberg was challenging for the wins. Maybe we have another Rosberg in the making as much as the media spin is trying to deny that fact. We can only hope.

Next year is going to be a blast with new regulations coming in. I think the days of comfortable 1,2's in Qualifying for MBs are long gone already. Bottas seems to be pipping Lewis in Q3 regularly too.

George has already made a name for himself in qualifying way above where everyone expected him to. So if he qualifies ahead of the Red Bulls and Lewis starts behind them, it really doesn't lend itself to sacrificing Russel for Lewis. You give the guy in front the best chance to beat the RB's.

If Lewis thought this year is a tough championship to win, he might be in for a major surprise next year.

34 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Next year is going to be a blast with new regulations coming in. I think the days of comfortable 1,2's in Qualifying for MBs are long gone already. Bottas seems to be pipping Lewis in Q3 regularly too.

George has already made a name for himself in qualifying way above where everyone expected him to. So if he qualifies ahead of the Red Bulls and Lewis starts behind them, it really doesn't lend itself to sacrificing Russel for Lewis. You give the guy in front the best chance to beat the RB's.

If Lewis thought this year is a tough championship to win, he might be in for a major surprise next year.

Bottas is pipping Lewis because he has a "screw it" attitude towards Lewis now. He has a couple races left and while he can outrace Lewis he will, despite what Lewis and Tota would want. So if Lewis can't out qualify him, then that's just too bad.

And I'm all for that. Lewis and his pity party tampon-fests is getting old very quickly.

33 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Bottas is pipping Lewis because he has a "screw it" attitude towards Lewis now. He has a couple races left and while he can outrace Lewis he will, despite what Lewis and Tota would want. So if Lewis can't out qualify him, then that's just too bad.

And I'm all for that. Lewis and his pity party tampon-fests is getting old very quickly.

Jip, Bottas has nothing to lose now.
Hoping Russel is more of a Rosberg than a Bottas.

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

I hope it pans out that way and we don't just get some team doing a "Brawn". The engines seems a lot closer going into next year, so that is a good thing. If we do see one of the big (FER/RBR/MER/MCL) teams interpret the new regs the best and pull away, at least those teams all have "alpha" drivers, i.e. no wingmen, so we'll hopefully still see some drama between P1 and P2 in the WDC.

12 minutes ago, aiyaaz said:

I hope it pans out that way and we don't just get some team doing a "Brawn". The engines seems a lot closer going into next year, so that is a good thing. If we do see one of the big (FER/RBR/MER/MCL) teams interpret the new regs the best and pull away, at least those teams all have "alpha" drivers, i.e. no wingmen, so we'll hopefully still see some drama between P1 and P2 in the WDC.

I reckon things will get interesting real quick between Norris and the Honey Badger if MCL start pulling ahead suddenly. As much as Riciardo is a alpha male, I don't see Norris pulling any punches either.

1 hour ago, ScottC-M said:

Looks like Ham is set for a 5 place grid penalty in Sau Paulo. 

That’s the headline at the minute, merc considering an engine change. 

6 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

That’s the headline at the minute, merc considering an engine change. 

Think they are on the back foot regardless. Perhaps use Bottas up front to try and slow the pace to allow Lewis to catch up.
Lets see how it goes.....